348 cutting back...why? | FerrariChat

348 cutting back...why?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Juan-Manuel Fantango, Mar 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    My new to me 348 Challenge is cutting back, loses power and back fires, stumbles, once I hit 4-5Krpms. I noticed this earlier at much higher rpms, and was told that it was the upgraded chips that act as a rev limiter at 8600 rpms. The problem really seemed to begin in earnests once I filled the tank. I also noticed that air presure had built up in the tank when I unscrewed the fuel cap. What could it be? Once I lift off the loud pedle, it goes back to normal. Air flow meter? Fuel pump? filter? bad fuel? spark plugs? As you can see I need some experienced help. I assure you it will be appreciated.

2. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    I can only comment on the pressure in the gas tank. Mine is the same, so I don't think you have a problem there. I filled up yesterday, and when I unscrewed the cap, the usual hiss of air came out.

Can't help you on the rest, sorry.

-John

3. nzo4re

nzo4re Karting

Mar 13, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Lassen
    Do you get any warning lights like the 1-4 or the 5-8? Do you get a Slow Down light? When's the last ime you had fuel filters replaced?

4. davey_jones

davey_jones Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2002
    wherever it's sunny
    Full Name:
    Dave
  5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    not to be a dud but this would garner a better response in the "TECH Q&A" section.