Anyone around Nashville know this 328? | FerrariChat

Anyone around Nashville know this 328?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Bandit, Mar 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bandit

Bandit Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2003
    Central MS
    Full Name:
    Mike B.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2467345777&category=6212

I know that if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. This seller has lowered his reserve twice since the auction started. The description has very little information about the car itself, though.

I have contacted the seller asking for more information. If things sound OK, I will probably drive up and take a look at it. But, if someone in the Nashville area knows this car, I would appreciate any information you may have on this car. Of course, the deal would be contingent on the car passing a PPI, but if the car has known problems, it would save me a long trip.

Thanks

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    wow

26k for a 328.

The car either has a story or the owner doesn't like money.

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I think that seems way too low! Might be a problem.

4. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    "The interior has the usual look for a car of this age." ...major red flag, coupled w/ the fact that there are NO interior pics. Repaints are scary. You would DEFINITELY have to look at this one B4 bidding!!!! What about 30,000 service? Any oil leaks? A/C working?

5. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    There are several fchatters in the Nashville area. You might solicit someone to go check it out for you first. I notice the seller doesn't have any feedback.

6. Bandit

Bandit Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2003
    Central MS
    Full Name:
    Mike B.
    Thanks for the info guys. The seller never did respond to my questions. I was going to try to get a better feel for the car before I asked anyone in the area if they could look at it.

With the reserve met at only 27K, my gut tells me that something just isn't quite right.

I'm going to give up on this one, but I'll keep on looking.

7. Vlad328

Vlad328 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2004
    New Orleans, LA
    Full Name:
    Vladimir Zuzukin
    I also looked into this 328 in Nashville. I didn't have a chance to fly there to testdrive the car or do a PPI, so I didn't submit a bid. However, I spoke to the dealer at MB of Orlando who sold this car to the current owner in 4/03. Dealer says this was owned by an affluent local car collector in Orlando. It was garage stored and sold with 36k miles. Prior owner did 30k belt service shortly before selling the car. Dealer also said car was in top shape for the sale one year ago. Current owner e-mailed me that the car now has 41k miles (not 48k miles as posted on E-Bay). The only problem he reports is that the power windows don't work. His Ferrari mechanic in Nashville did some minor work on the car last year but doesn't recall any major faults.

The car seems to check out. Of course, I never saw it or test drove it. I think someone out there got a sweet deal.

8. Bandit

Bandit Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2003
    Central MS
    Full Name:
    Mike B.
    If the car was decent, then someone got a really good deal at 28K. Positive feedback was posted, so apparently the buyer has picked the car up and had a chance to look at it.

The sad thing is if the car was in good shape, then the seller really screwed themselves by lowering the reserve so much and putting such a poor description of the car. I know I would have paid a lot more than that if I had looked at the car and it passed a PPI.