288 GTO book | FerrariChat

288 GTO book

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by tifosi12, Nov 8, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not to be bragging too much (just a little): I just won on ebay a copy of the limited edition book from Lewandowski about the 288 GTO. I believe this is the only book ever published solely about the 288 GTO. It cost me an arm and a leg, but finally I got a book about my all time favourite Ferrari.

2. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    I have it too. Saw it first on motorshow Essen Germany, one place asked 350 Euro, the other place 350 GBP! That was too much for me, but then got a brand new example for 200 Euro from the Dutch Ebay few weeks later.
    There is another book on the 288 GTO, from Italian publisher "Automobilia". Not as expensive, I paid 50 Euro, but also not as informative. If you have the Lewandowski book, you don't need the Automobilia book unless you collect EVERYTHING on the 288GTO, like me :)

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Bert, you're nuts! I like that.
    :)

Obviously I need that Automobilia book as well. BTW: Since you collect everything about the GTO as well: I got copies of the FIA homologation papers for the 288. Also from ebay. Let me know if you want copies.

Love your project!

4. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Well if it is not to much trouble, you could scan and mail. I'm not collecting everything actually, sometimes you see a gearbox rebuild manual or a copy of the user manual for the GTO on ebay, but I don't bother bidding on such things.
    I have pins, radio controlled 1:24, original mags with roadtests, keychain, and nearly every model made, 1:43 - 1:16. I also have 2 1:8 Barbie 328's, a nice red one and an ugly white one that will be converted to the same GTO targa look when the 1:1 is ready!
    Do you have the GTO video tape? I made captures in divx from the GTO spinning around and driving through the woods, 8 mb and 12 mb. To big to mail but maybe I can upload them someplace.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I can make some scans, no problem.

I got the GTO video tape that was part of a series about the best Ferrari cars. You see the car there "sneaking up" on a container ship harbour, looks very cool. And the car is doing 360s with a horsey overlap picture. Neato. Is that what you mean? If so, I have that already.

One of my most prized posessions is the 288 GTO handbook. Courtesy of ebay of course.

6. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    It's the same video. Has been a while since I last watched it, so tonight before bedtime with a bottle of beer, hmmm :)
    I downloaded the handbook from owners.ferrari.com and thought about printing it and make a booklet but never did that.
    Do you have the Schmidt GTO puzzle, I think 1500 pieces? I gave it to my dad as I was hoping he would put it together for me, be he hasn't yet.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nah, I don't have that puzzle. Don't have the patience for that...

However I do have one rare item: A Schedoni luggage piece for the GTO! Who knew they ever made one. But it actually does even have a GTO engraving on it. I think it was made to go behind the seats. Doesn't really fit into my 308 QV because of the center console, but maybe the GTO was different.