328 KONI SHOCKS | FerrariChat

328 KONI SHOCKS

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by JOEL D., Mar 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JOEL D.

JOEL D. Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Joel DeLuca
    I feel that the shocks in my 328 are just about done at 17 years old. Can they be rebuilt, or must they be replaced? Where can new Koni's be purchased and what is a fair price?

2. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
  3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Get new, the price difference is negligible, to having them rebuilt. Be sure and get new bushings, don't reuse the old ones. They are a Ferrari specific part, so you have to get the bushings from one of the many Ferrari parts suppliers.

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    If they are just about done, then I suggest upgrading to a more modern product if the price is not much more...

Ria, tirerack didnt have anything listed under suspension for our cars. :/

Dave, no avatar?

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

6. Morrie

Morrie Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Sarasota/Asheville
    When I checked a couple months ago, rear Konis could be bought new, but front ones were no longer available. koni will rebuild the fronts for about the same price as new ones, but the turnaround time is at least several weeks.

I think it was Rutlands that told me that Ferrari has, or will, hike the price of a pair to the ridiculous range of $700+. The rear shocks should be available from Koni for a little over $300 a pair.

7. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    That would make a set of modern race shocks a bargin.....

8. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Bavarian Motorsports (the BMW catalog) said they can get Koni's for any car. I asked him about a Ferrari 328 and he said yes. You may want to give them a call on Monday.

9. hustonm3

hustonm3 Rookie

Nov 13, 2003
    Londonderry, N.H.
    Full Name:
    Mark H.
    Also need to replace my shocks on the 328, final outcome for price and supplier ?

10. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Personally... upgrade from Koni to something better (many choices out there). And since they are toast, odds are the bushing are too and ALSO check the suspension (anti sway) bits. In for a penny in for a pound...

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

11. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    That's funny, I ordered a pair of front Konis for my 308 at the local autoparts shop, the part number 1982/SP1 has changed now to 1982/SP6, and they told me they could be ordered no problem. Then they called me, it would be in week 16 (half april), I ordered in week 12. I said, oh, they're gonna adjust the machines and have to build them because they're not in stock? And that was the truth, Koni is building my shocks right now. Which isn't a big deal as it sounds, they just have to type in some parameters like length, diameter, valves etc. in the "shock absorber building machine", and out they come. Same should go for 328 shocks. Cost for me will be 138 Euro a piece, not worth trying to rebuild.