blue / blue 512 TR at WWOC info? | FerrariChat

blue / blue 512 TR at WWOC info?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by zjpj, Mar 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Anyone seen this car? I think it's still for sale... Can anyone comment on the condition? It's obviously due for a 30K service. Interior / exterior condition?

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Stunning!! Why is it "obviously" due for a 30K. Based on the description on WWoC's site? Quite honestly, one of my favorite blue hues for an F-Car.

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Yeah, I think it looks awesome. And the light blue interior is really great too. I think year-wise this is about the time (10+ years) to get a 30K regardless of mileage. That said, the car also has almost 23K miles. So, I think it probably needs a 30K service.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Car is stunning. Fingers crossed it will be in our garage sometime in the near future.. ;)

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Are you speaking with WWoC for a possible purchase?

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Yup.
    Edit: working with Nick, who is great, who probably reads this site. Hi, Nick - Good to see you today.

7. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Good luck with your purchase. I have never seen a blue TR. I think it suits it. Don't forget to post pics once you get it!

Vasco.R

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    zjpj,

That 512 TR is stunning!!! You don't know how many f-chat members who would die having that 512 TR in that color!
    Hope you buy that Ferrari!
    Good luck!

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I heard that this car just sold to some Euro guy who couldn't pass it up.

(Just Kidding, just kidding) Actually, the lust before the purchase can be the best part.

DrTax

10. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Zjpj,
    Some words of wisdom: Poceed with EXTREME caution. If you you want me to elaborate send me an email.

Very sincerely,

TTG

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I am emailed you and am eager to hear your response. For those who don't know, the odometer is broken, so we just have to take their word for it as to how many miles there really are...
    On that note, can anyone suggest a PPI guy in the area?

12. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    I am at a relative's house today...so I can't reply yet...or just call me on my cell at 973.722.3947

13. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Feel free to email me. A lot of the cars at WWOC have stories... TTG wanted to buy a car there and was told the car was accident free. A check revealed major damage. I also tried to buy a car there twice. Nick was a complete loser and lied to me several times. I wouldn't buy a can of Coke from that place....

14. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Thanks for the input guys. There seems to be some praise and some cautionary words. PPI tells all, I suppose...

15. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Scott,
    If this post doesn't get "post of the month"....I am prom queen.
    ...now THAT was friggin funny!

Tell us how you really feel...LMAO!!

TTG

16. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

I know Nick and he doesn't even want to use a computer. He doesn't even have one at his desk. i asked him one day and he said he would rather talk to the person on the phone than type messages back and fourth.

As for buying cars at WWoC, or anyplace for that matter, you will have to have someone you trust do an inspection of the car. I always have a mechanic or two who are familiar with the car take a look.

Good Luck to you. The TR looks good..

17. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Diablo,

Can you or anyone else recommend a PPI guy in the area? The car had all its service at WWOC, so there is no outside mechanic really familiar with the car.

Also, any ideas of price? Because of high miles and mileage question, needing a 30K service and probably clutch soon, I would say around 90K is probably right, depending on condition PPI reveals. Right?

18. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger

I hope you are intending to keep the car for a long while and you should be getting a VERY VERY good deal on the car despite how clean the car looks. Reason being, the top two criteria when qualifying an Fcar is mileage and service.

WWOC is well aware of this.

In my opinion, if everything checks out and you get a super deal go for it...if you plan on keeping it b/c you may have a hard time giving the car away...I personally would go into an all out sprint.

19. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Thanks everyone - it doesn't seem like this is "the one." Will wait for one with fewer questions, or perhaps a 355 Berlinetta.
    Zach

20. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

I actually was refering to someone who specializes in f-cars.
    I would recommend Berlinetta motors on Long island. They will be able to go to the shop and look it over for you. As for the cost, I don't know.

Good Luck

21. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    I was at WWoC this morning. The Blue TR is still there.

My opionion: Blue is nice, but Corrso Rosso is better.

22. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    SERVICE AND MURPHY IS GREAT THERE

DONT LIKE NICK IN SALES..