FerrariChat.com Optional Subscriptions Now Available (early bonus offer)... | Page 5 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Optional Subscriptions Now Available (early bonus offer)...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AMA328

AMA328 F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2002
    ABQ-67me68-OKC :)
    clarification, pls, on what will be in the 'Silver'/'Rossa' forums?

Seems like you might end up with some overlap or duplicated threads,
    say, if someone in Rossa starts a thread
    on '308 cam belts', but Silver/grunt users can't see that
    thread and start a similar one in the general section.

Is the tech section gonna become off limits to non-paying
    (cheap) types ?

Still not gettin' the big picture here...

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Good question and there's not an answer yet. I'm giving it the freedom to evolve how subscribers want it to. I'm really encouraging everyone to keep most topics out of it. If you have a tech question, it should be in the tech section. If you are posting pics of an event, it should be in the general or a regional section.

I don't see the private forums as being a big deal or something taking threads away from other sections. It's just a new quieter place for users. Here's a post I made in the private forums when your same question was asked...

I really don't expect much activity here. As you say, if you have a tech question or are posting pics of an event, then it would be better to post in the main forums.

I don't think these private forums should have any expectations on them to change the "world". I think they do add some minor value. Mainly...

A Niche of SERIOUS Users - with 6,000 users and growing 800+ a month there needs to be more "niche" areas to escape the crowds. The regional areas have done a good job of this. Actually, all the other forums provide their own niches. The private forum is just another niche for the SERIOUS members of FC. This includes the moderators, sponsors, consultants, and subscribed users. There is one thing in common with all these users... they're SERIOUS one way or another about their involvement with FerrariChat.com. You can't say this about all users. We have our own place for our own niche. I think it will take time to see where it evolves. By allowing it to evolve will take us to the best point, just not predictable yet. I'm not going to pigeon hold it's evolution.

Please let me know what questions you still have. Thanks.

3. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill

Rob,

Will the Moderators, Sponsors & Consultants have the new bold username?

How about giving the title "sponser" to the sponsors and "consultant" to the consultants - Like you have for administrator?

Paul

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Great idea.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, it's already been like that. I added most of the sponsors to a "Sponsor" usergroup yesterday. See Martin's post here...

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11416

Moderators have been like that too and Consultants will say "Consultant", I just haven't assigned any consultants yet. Hopefully I will start adding a few tomorrow.

Thanks,
    rob

6. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    cool. i love this place.

7. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    I go to Europe for a few days and look what happens- A let's get Rob to 10K posts thread is started.

Check goes in the mail first thing Monday morning, this is great for the future of FerrariChat.

8. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    Rob, you do a great job with FerrariChat. I consider it to be one of the premiere websites on the 'net. My check went out yesterday.

JMJ

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Rob- I have some (limited) expierence in the CC end, but I am assumeing that the limiting factor is automation, correct?

Anyway, I would definately and absolutely add a 'lifetime' option. Make it for 100 years. (if anybody lives longer, figure they can extend :)

$10/year = $1,000 even. Not bad for never having to worry about it ever again.

Best!
    Ben.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    For now my 5 year option is kinda a compromise. Something just doesn't strike me as right about a lifetime membership.

I almost have the cc working, it's not fully automated like the paypal, but it will be a secure site (https) that can accept 6 or 7 diferent credit cards. Once the payment is approved I receive a notice and then have to manually promote you. Many times it will take less than an hour, sometimes 8 hours, and rarely up to 48 hours.

11. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    If I subscribe to Silver now, can I upgrade to Rossa later and just pay the difference in price?

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes, I'm not publicizing I can do that, but I will.

"I will be able to upgrade users to Rossa, but it will be a manual process. I will have to generate a custom pro rated invoice through paypal, CC, or mail. Then I will manually upgrade you once payment received."

13. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    All sounds great....a small price to pay for this fantastic resources.

A few thoughts:

1. Doesn't seem to make sense to have two private forums -- what's the difference in content going to be between the Silver forum and the Rossa forum? I think a private forum is an OK idea, but two is wasteful.

2. Another suggestion: Perhaps sponsors should get not only a "Sponsor" designation, but an opportunity to list their company name and website in their post headers (alongside Full Name, Location, etc.)

3. Sigs are a good idea (for paid users), as is a userspace for showing off car(s).

nlh

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We'll evolve this as it goes. I really think that once some minor permissions are removed from the Non Subscribed group that we'll end up with 75% or more users in the Silver forum. Once we have 1000+ in the Silver group, then I think that will be reason for two different private forums.

Silver Forum - For the majority of the subscribed users, a place less crowded than the general forums with all users.

Rossa Forum - A very small forum for the few Rossa subscribers.

Content wise I don't want the private forums to be used for topics that should be in the general areas. It's just a quiet place away from the public forums. Overall I don't look at the private forums as a huge benefit for subscribing. I want to evolve the FerrariChat.com community beyond where it is today and the value it provides each subscribed user. Eventually the private forum will just be a minor benefit in the users mind.

I'm always looking at more ways to add value to the sponsors. Something new is their ability to use signatures too, so that space is theirs for commercial messages. Only sponsors have that permission.

15. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Rob, thanks, good to know the upgrade option is available. Now, officially silver subscribed.

16. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    Rob,

sorry, just joined at the tail end of this. What is the cost for sponsorship at the various levels, what do I get that I don't get now, and how do I pay you?

Solly

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Read post #1 and then let me know if still questions.

I hope to have payment by 6 major credit cards available within a week and I'll close this thread and open another then. I know everyone doesn't have the time to read all 110 posts in this thread, the only real important one is post #1.

The paypal option is the only one 100% automated, mailing a check or the soon to be available credit card option I have to manually process. You can fund your paypal account through a credit card though.

Thanks,
    rob

18. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Just sent in a consultant application.

19. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    Hope this creditcard thing will work out...then I will be a Silver or Rosso too :cool:
    Keep up the good work Rob!!!

Waldo
    ForzaRossa.nl

20. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Rob...thanks for the early bonus subscription offer....just sent payment...it's great to be a "Rosso" ! Keep up the great work.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    A credit card payment option should be available by tomorrow. I will announce it when ready.

22. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Is the CC option up and going? Ready to rock and roll, but like Doody, paypal averse.

--Dan

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    :) - Look at the newest sticky thread. Hmm, did I not make it clear?

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay