North West Drive Out 2 | FerrariChat

North West Drive Out 2

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by gts328uk, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Well its over a month now since we had the last meet and drive out. I woundered if anyone fancied another meet and so pose the following questions:-

any volunteers to arrange
    Who's interested
    venue
    date
    route

Mark

2. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Mark,

Yes I'm up for it again - I know Simon is too.

How about meeting up at the pub you finished at (therefore missing the Leeds traffic etc. and I can get a good run past the cat & fiddle !!) and planning a 'shorter' route from there. Any Sunday (or Saturday) is good by me. Let's hope we can get a few more Ferraris (no offence to the TVR's).

Rick

3. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
  4. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Im soon to be a new F-car owner, due to take delivery of my 348TS on 3rd April and would like to take part in this if it can be organised after this date.

5. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Why not head over my way, Sunny Scunny and then to parents Pub.
    The roads are excellent out by me..............
    Only a thought...

www.jennywreninn.co.uk

6. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Guys after the Pub drive over to Kirton Lindsey and go gliding, It cost £30.00 for nearly hour flying. My mums helps run the club....

7. MARKY 355

MARKY 355 Karting

Dec 26, 2003
    LANCASHIRE
    Full Name:
    MARK
    SAT OR SUN GOOD FOR ME,WOULDNT MIND A BLAST OVER THE CAT AND FIDDLE MYSELF.

MARK

8. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Justin,
    your parents' pub looks great.....when the weather improves, i wouldn't mind a run up to meet with you guys.Try and get a few other along too.
    Regards
    Tony

9. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Simon is his 355 said he woild come across with some friends. I have a few friends here that have TVR and a Countach. My mums partner Colin has a Lotus V8 and loves Ferraris too. Colin is glidingh instructor as well. I am not far from cadwell park about 30 mins drive away through the woulds.

10. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Yep,I will be there too,lets organise a date.Why not make it a bit sooner this time,say Sunday 28th March? Other reason for suggesting that is I can't do Sundays 4th & 11th April but any other day is fine.We ought to try and aim for at least 10 F cars this time.At least it'll be warmer! I'm fine with either Cat & Fiddle, or the Lincolnshire route.

11. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Having said that if it is 28 March DPSUK999 won't have his 348 yet so if you wanted to come with me Dave thats fine,you're only round the corner

12. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Leeds UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    thanks simon, sounds good to me, ill return the favour when i pick mine up and go to a future meeting.

13. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    So it appears we have a couple of route options,either we do the cat & fiddle run or we fly over to Lincolnshire.I am not bothered which one but I think we should have a vote? I'm gonna go for the Lincolnshire one this time.Any one else? Rick & Mark,is it too far for you guys? You got any suggestions for a route Justin?

14. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    where are you all meeting i will go any weekend as i havent met any one on here as its all new to me and i am crap on computers so i hope this message goes to the right chat

15. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Guys,

It wuld be in few weeks time. I am due to be a Dad on Sunday 21st March. I need to see what happes. I will speak to Colin about the gliding Club, when its best do it. I will sort some details out. Colin V8 Lotus blew cutch at the weekend under repair. It would be great to meet up with you all in Lincolnshire. I will organise something. Just in the meantime waiting for the Baby. I hope its boy in someways. I hope Verdi will have the baby seat ready for my 348 by then....

The plan will be in short. I meet up with you guys just at the junction exit to the M180, blast a long 10 mile straight, open road into some long sweeping bends and then into some short bends into Sunny Scunny. Out of Scunny to Kirton Lindsey with some proper driving country roads onto the Gliding club. A couple hours at the club for intense flying with colin, May be some aerobatics if you wish, if you can handle it.
    Note. You can have a wintch-launch (£25.00 I think), that takes you from o feet to 1000 - 1500 feet in just under 10 secs with a vertical pull or a aerotow by plane pulling you (£45.00 T think). I will check on the prices. Gliding is great, colin will let you take over of the controls if you wish, he is a instructor many years.

Then a few more country roads to the Pub for food and drink and a laugh.
    Then take you back to the motorway for your home drive....

What do you think guys....?????

16. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Lincolnshire probably is going to be a bit too far for me this time, maybe later on in summer though.

17. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Reading between the lines it looks like Lincolnshire is going to be too far for most people. What does anybody think about tying something in with the cars in the park event at Bolton Abbey on 18 April? I suggest something like this-

Meet up say 10am at JCT 600 Ferrari again.Cadge tea and coffee while we drool over their stock for half an hour.Set off through the city centre tunnels again(!) and take the A65 from Leeds to Leeds/Bradford airport.Under the airport tunnels (at great speed) and continue through to Burley in Wharfedale to Bolton Abbey(approx 1hr from Leeds).We could all park up and have a wander round for an hour or so,really beautiful round there and look at the cars on display of course (but this is flexible).If anyone fancied a pub lunch we could call in at the Devonshire Arms 2 miles away.This is a superb pub with big car parks and excellent food.The alternative would be to have something at Bolton Abbey which has plenty of cafe's etc.After that we take the A59 to Harrogate, then the A61 through to Ripon(very scenic) where we could stop for half an hour and have a quick cuppa somewhere. We then continue on to join the A1(Bolton Abbey to the A1 about 30/35 miles). This then joins the M62 at J33 where we go our own separate ways.

This would be easy for the Manchester guys,Justin in Lincolnshire and also not too far from the guys in Cumbria/Nortumberland if they want to come along.I don't think this would be more than 2 hrs driving from JCT 600, not including the breaks of course. Probably about half of what we did on the first runout. The roads are fast in parts with stretchs of quiet dual carraigeways(until we get there!).If anyone has any better ideas for route modifications then please comment.I'm willing to organise everything but we need to try and get at least 10 F cars there this time!! I say we take a risk with the weather and go whatever.I'll meet up with Rick & Mark at Birch services again if you're both up for it?

Comments please??

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    i am up for that are 13 year olds welcome as passengers please say no

19. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Yep,everybodys welcome!

20. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Simon that sounds a good meet up....

21. MARKY 355

MARKY 355 Karting

Dec 26, 2003
    LANCASHIRE
    Full Name:
    MARK
    YES,MEET AT BIRCH AGAIN WITH SIMON AND RICK.ALSO BRINGING 11 YEAR OLD SON ALONG.
    MARK

22. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George
    Ok so it looks like so far we have Mark (355) Me (355) Justin (348),hopefully Rick will be confirming (355),Mark from Sheffield (328) and if dave gets his 348 in early April him too. We need to go for 10 F cars this time but plenty of time to make any mods to the route.I'm going to drive it next weekend and find somewhere to stop in Ripon.I'll get route maps sorted to give out at JCT but its not a complicated route.

23. gts328uk

gts328uk Karting

Nov 26, 2003
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Count me in.

Mark

24. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    count me in

steve f

25. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Sounds good to me. Birch services at 9.30 ?