To Sell or Not to Sell.. | FerrariChat

To Sell or Not to Sell..

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by warrenn, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    All, please help me with my dilemna, I moved to California a little while ago and I left my F- back in Jersey. It just sits there lonely. I don't think I will keep it too much longer because I want to trade it or sell it for something else.

Question 1) How much would it be to ship the car from the northeast to LA?
    Question 2) Is there a price difference between F-s sold in NYC/NJ than in LA?
    Question 3) Is anyone looking for a perfect '97 F355B?

2. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Slag_328GTS is looking for one but he has color preference (not red). Feel free to PM him.

Last time, I shipped my Diablo from McClean, VA to KC via enclosed (exotic auto transport), it cost me approx $1100....so figure it would probably be b/w $1700 to $1800 to LA.

Other people here are much more knowledgeable about 355 price discovery than me so I shall defer your #2 to those.

3. EHKim

EHKim Karting

Dec 17, 2003
    Socal
    It is easy to get a quote from Intercity. Just call them 800 221-3936 and they will give you a quote. I paid about $1575 when I had my car shipped from East Brunswick to LA.
    By the way, how much do you want for your F-car? Please give me more info on the car.

4. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

I'd say about $1,500ish or better, covered carrier. I think you're better off selling it here if it is as good as you claim.

5. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    After reading the first line in the first post of this thread I thought the mystery of the 360 sitting in the snow in jersey was solved!

6. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    If it was a 360 that was in play, I'd say sell it fast, sell it cheap, move it out, because they're dropping faster than a Victoria's Secret thong around Paris Hilton's waist. By this time next year even the Spyders will be below $140k, and that's pushing it, they could go lower with the arrival of new competition that's expected.

But since it's a 355, they're pretty much at the bottom of the curve in terms of dropping off, and they likely won't go to sub-$70k levels until the next Modena arrives, as was the case for the 348 previously. A pre-owned 355 is the best F-car to own currently if you desire a modern Ferrari with modern performance, but need to stay cheap.

If you're going to replace it, what car has caught your eye?

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    What are the specs on the 355?

It cost me something like $1700 to ship enclosed from NY to Cali.

8. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I'll drive it to you for fifty bucks. I'll even pick all the hotel, gas, and speeding tickets along the way -- and my own return airfare.

I've got plenty of family across the country and will ensure it's in a private garage every night.

(Anyone want to co-pilot with me?) If you within a few "K" of your big service, why not? Once you get the car into SoCal, there are plenty of great wrenches to get it all spiffy for you.

OK, who wants to co-drive this dog with me? Steven? You'll be needing a "fix" pretty soon, right?

-Daniel

9. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Daniel,

A fix "pretty soon". OH BABY I NEED A FIX NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is PAINFUL to watch F1 and then not go out and drive as is the ritual here. The Xbox is but a shadowy reflection of the real thing. Getting so bored with driving the Enzo around the 'ring am now trying my hand at vintage racers and GT cars. Where shall we meet to pick up the car to drive her cross-country?

i'm game :) Let's rock!

Enjoy the Walk (58 days and counting),

Steven R. Rochlin

10. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego

Same here! I was OMG we have been looking all over for you. But then he said 355b damn. So close but yet so far.

11. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    me too! And that's because I don't have an Fcar yet, not because of a license revocation... lol

Went looking at the dealer today; saw a pristine Rosso Corsa / Tan MY99 F355 Berlinetta 6sp stick shift. Was listed for AUD $280k

*sigh*

12. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Admiral Thrawn,

One day you'll have an Fcar my friend. The great thing is when i can drive again she will have MUCH BETTER suspension, be dyno tuned, top notch alignment, have new interior... So in a way its all good :)

Enjoy the Walk (and music... DMX),

Steven R. Rochlin

"...The game don't stop, I'm still gettin down for whatever
    Whenever, thats why my sh*t is hot,
    Can't keep it real
    Now, some of us do but most of us don't thats how a nigg@ feels

I shed blood
    For my people that'll keep you lookin see through
    Whenever you try to creep through

D-M-X
    If you want it we got it
    Come and get it nigg@ we wit it..."

13. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    I will take two then. Maybe I can also find an Enzo for $400,000 in the same dream.

14. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I think I will just keep it in Jersey and sell it when I get back. It's Black on Tan has 17800 miles on it.. tubi exhaust, it's perfect, all service records blah blah blah. I figure what's the point bringing out here driving for a few months and selling it for less than what I can get for it in Jersey right?

So I'm thinking about getting a sporty car out here because right now I'm driving a nissan sentra. It's actually pretty nice. Here are the choices:

'01-'03 vette zo6 -does anyone know if the extra 20 hp makes a difference between '01 and '02 -can you imagine how pissed those '01 owners must have been?? '01s are a lot cheaper.

'00-'02 Dodge Viper

or a porsche 911

And MAYBE, a M5 or RS6

I'm basing my decision on the following:
    performance
    fun to drive
    residual value after 1-2 years, 10,000 miles.

What do you think? Any suggestions on any other cars?

15. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    ill take three spiders for 140 k next year,,, and maybe 3 enzos!!!!