328 rear deck logo | FerrariChat

328 rear deck logo

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jr328gtb, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jr328gtb

jr328gtb Karting

May 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    i am doing some minor things on my 328 to upgrade the overall appearnace. One of the things is replacing the ferrari logo on the engine lid. Mine is slightly bent from a previous owner. Anyway, i measured it and it is 200 mm. I went to the black bart's wenbsite and only see one which is 220 mm. Does anyone know the proper size for a 328 and if it is 200 mm, where i might get one

thanks

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Measureed and confirmed that my 1987 328 GTS (usa) is also a 200mm.
    Try our sponsors or Ebay.

I have also heard good things about this guy:
    http://www.kitcaraccessories.com/ferrari.html No listing, so you will have to contact him, but he claims he only sells OEM badges. BTW, the Blaine,WA address is likely a PO Box or something, as it is on the border, and the phone is a British Columbia, BC area code.

3. atheyg

atheyg Guest

They bend easily, on my car some of the letters looked slightly off, usually from someone using a buffer and hitting them, with patience you can care fully bend them back.

4. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I ordered one of the aftermarket FERRARI decklid emblems for my car. I sent it back. It was a horriable repo. The shape of the "E" was all wrong. I could tell it was wrong as soon as I layed it on the back of my car and compaired it to the original. Best to spend the dough and get an O.E.M. Ferrari of U.K. should have them for a good price.

Tom.

5. jr328gtb

jr328gtb Karting

May 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    Tom

i tried ferrari UK already and they are out of stock

i will try to rebend although i am concerned about chrome cracking...

dave - thanks - i will try there also

john

6. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Get plenty of the "nuts" for the back, also. I take my emblem off a few times a year to ploish underneath it. After you pull the carpet off (get some extra of those snaps too), the nuts come off, but usually are not reusable.

Spend the money for the real thing, and you will be happy. The dealer should have the extra "nuts".

I have seen them on Ebay, but don't know the quality. Plenty of sponsors here who could help you.

7. jr328gtb

jr328gtb Karting

May 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    I found a 200 mm one at sodacom's and ordered it....i also ordered a bunch of nuts from ferrari uk, among some other things

thanks for the tips

8. RussF

RussF Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Can someone tell me how to get at the backside of the Ferrari name on the decklid of a 328.There is carpet that seems affixed by round plastic devices. Do you pry these off to get at screws affixing the name?

9. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    The round plastic devices are snaps that hold the carpet to the decklid. If you are going to remove them, get some extras. You may damage some when removing them. A flat object to pry them off from underneath works well. Like a trim / upolstery tool. You can take them all off, or about 5 of them near the rear and get at the locknuts on the back of the emblem.