NEW Corvette C6 photos (no not the white shell that went around last week) | FerrariChat

NEW Corvette C6 photos (no not the white shell that went around last week)

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by Robin, Nov 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
  2. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Very cool, I sure hope they fix the cheap interior tho.
    Would like to see 500HP in the Z06.

3. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It looks OK. I am not thrilled. Kind of reminds me a little of a 550.

But for the price, nothing will touch this car. And the Z06 version will be a ferrari-killer..

4. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    The top picture looks extremely 550 which is a good thing. I wouldnt mind a Z06 convertible in my garage :) beside my 68 & 93 roadsters

5. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Netviper said: "But for the price, nothing will touch this car. And the Z06 version will be a ferrari-killer.."

GEE, I wish that I had said the exact same thing last week on the "Do I buy or not" thread over in the General Discussion section. Everybody blasted me when I said that for the price, the Corvette was the best performance car in the world. Nice to see that Netviper (and others no doubt) aren't afraid to tell the truth like I did.

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Horsefly, when you want to post something like that, Pm me, and let me do it. Im used to the outlash! lol

I posted on another thread here about how the Lamborghini performs better than cars costing 100's of thousands more, and that Ferrari performs worse than cars costing thousands LESS.

7. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

OMG! Those look a billion times better than those white C6 Spy shots Ive seen(horrid), that looks so good! Im now excited about the C6 I see here instead of appaled at the ones Ive seen before. And, that "blood red" paint looks wicked!

For the price the Vette is the best perf car in the world with good looks to boot. Thats baring that clunky cheesy interior thoiugh (I hate that steering wheel)

"The best just got Vetter!"

8. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    QUOTE:"I wouldnt mind a Z06 convertible in my garage "

They dont make those.

9. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    May I add: While it may indeed be a world class sports car, I am still underwhelmed by the new Vette styling. It seems like the Vette and the Viper and all the "wind tunnel designed" cars are starting to "morph" themselves into a generic design in which form follows function, or more specifically, form follows engineering. Perhaps this is also why the newer Ferrari stylings just don't evoke the visual enthusiasm that the older models do. A computer probably figured into their newer designs as well. Sort of like comparing Grandma's home cooked meal with a corporate packaged TV dinner. The TV dinner is no doubt more stackable, easily shippable, quicker to heat and serve, etc. But all the TV dinner engineering can't compare to Grandma's biscuits and gravy.
    (By the way; as for TV dinners, I prefer El Charritos Mexican series.)

10. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Damn I go out for a while and miss this. It does look good I wish they got a more frontal shot.

11. bumboola

bumboola Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2003
  12. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Not yet but they might w the C6 :)

13. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Horsefly, I cant agree with your statement about the new Vette at all. I think it looks great, the rear haunches look like they came right off the 550, not the Viper, The front fender line is very crisp, reminds me of my 68 Vette, very nice.

Now the C5 was an aero blob which I didnt care for

14. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Great wheel design.

I'm still on the fence about the body as the shots of the white car really ruined it for me. The front end, (from this photo anyways) in the middle picture looks like it was done after GM licensed it from Porsche.

15. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron

Actually that was a direct trait of the 63-67 corvette. It's full of corvette styling cues that's for sure. Pretty much something from every generation.

16. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Looks nearly identical to the C5 if you ask me. Yeah, a little more "cab forward" with new headlights and a sharper tail, StingRay-esque fenders, but very unremarkable. Boring.

17. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I think Caravaggio, near Toronto makes a bunch of different Z06s too, incl. a convertible. http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/

18. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    If the Corvettes dont get your motor reving, what does?

19. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime