Awesome forum guys and it's about time for me to go to college>>>> | FerrariChat

Awesome forum guys and it's about time for me to go to college>>>>

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by zach_300zxTT, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zach_300zxTT

zach_300zxTT Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Zach Lindsey
    Hi, first I just want to say that this is an awesome forum and I really appreciate all the good info it provides. Anyway, my question is: What do you guys do for a living? What is your job? Do you own your own business, are you an opthamologist, a lawyer, etc...

The reason I ask is because I am a sophomore in high school and next year is the time to start applying for college and everything. I'm trying to decide what I should major in. I really like science and math and I was thinking about maybe trying to be an opthamologist or something of the like.

I have already started my own direct marketing company (Lindsey Industries LLC). But, I would still like to get a good college education just in case my business doesn't turn out to be as successful as planned.

I understand that some of you might not like to tell me what you do, and I completely respect that. I just thought I would ask you guys because if you have a Ferrari, you must be pretty well off financially and I think you guys would have a good idea of what pays and what doesn't.

I'm just looking for some opinions about certain careers etc...

PS: Please check out my website http://www.300zxTwinTurbo.com It's got a lot of cool car related videos, pictures, etc...lots of Ferraris and Lamborghinis and many other exotics.

I realize this is a long post and Thanks in advance for all your help!!
    -Zach Lindsey

2. docdavid

docdavid Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Toronto/K-W
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    Hows it going Zach,
    Search old forums for that topic and you'll find what your looking for. As for myself im still a student too.
    MD

3. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Whoa there. You won't be applying for college in your junior year. Your junior year should be for focusing on your SATs and SAT IIs, making sure your grade are good, and sqeezing in any last minute extraciriculars, awards, etc. Start thinking about what colleges you want to apply to. By the end of your junior year, you should have a pretty decent idea of where to apply. Try and visit some schools in the summer, and start working on your applications. I'd strongly advise trying to find a school that you absolutely love to apply Early Decision too, as IMO it really helps your chances of being accepted.

-Mike, future double major in Economics and Linguistics at University of Pennsylvania, Class of 2008

4. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    What exactly does a direct marketing company do?

5. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Hi Zach, my dad just started a direct mail company too, on top of his normal job. Lets hope both of them are succcesful :)

6. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I could be wrong but it sounds like "junk mail" to me. :) My friend's Dad does this and he makes an absolute fortune, so it may be worth the abuse!

7. zach_300zxTT

zach_300zxTT Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2003
    Clemmons, NC
    Full Name:
    Zach Lindsey
    What we do is find a certain group of people and then send them an offer for a product that is related to their interest. Say we could find a whole bunch of people that enjoy making ice cream Ferraris (haha...just work with me here), I would find or make a product to sell these people. I might offer them molds to make a Ferrari Enzo or F50 or something.

Basically, direct marketing is just "eductated" mail. You find a group of people with a certain interest and then you try to sell them something.

Thanks for reading!!
    -Zach

8. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Start by reading this series of books. And do something you have passion for or you will never be a success. I own two companies, but our goal is not to make alot of money. It is to provide a public service. Health care. We have a passion for that and helping our community. This in turn makes me successful and able to own a Ferrari. Enzo Ferrari, Bill Gates, Donald Trump, Michael Dell, etc.. all went into what they do because they had a passion for it. Good luck.