Raikkonen Needs His A$$ Kicked !! | FerrariChat

Raikkonen Needs His A$$ Kicked !!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi69, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Did anyone notice when Raikkonen's engine blew (again HA, LOL) and he got out of the car and was walking back to the retaining wall that little poor Malaysian courseworker came up to him to see if he was OK and touched him on the waist or the arm, can't remember and Raikkonen 2 fisted pushed him! I'm surprised the little waife guy didn't get knocked clear off his feet! He did the same thing, though not as blatant, when his engine blew in Australia! What a JACKASS!! He should be getting mad at that fat ass Norbert Haugue (spelling) for his MB hand- grenade engines, but he won't do that, he knows better. #1 he's one of the guys that signs hos checks, and #2 Norbert would shove his face through the back of his head! I used to tink he was just a no-personality having shy guy but now I am starting to see him as a real JERK! Any thoughts?

2. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    He was already behind the wall. He didn't need anyone to lead him to safety. He just broke down for the second time this year. His chances of winning the world championship are fading, and it's only race two. His adrenaline is pumping. He's incredibly hot. He's incredibly disappointed. Give him a break.

3. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I agree what KR did was unprofessional and the FIA should clamp down with a huge fine and put his sorry butt on probation for the rest of this year. The corner marhalls are there to help him out it is not there fault that he has 2 DNF's in the first 2 races.

When raced pro motocross i got ticked sometimes at myself or other riders but i never took it out on anyone. Even when i got blinded by the flash of light from a newspapers reporters camera, I crashed my brains out and lost a potential win but it was not 100% his fault he was doing his job and i was doing mine. If i had not looked at his camera directly i would not have been blinded. After the race the cameraman came up and aggologised for strobing me blind. and i looked at him and smiled and shook his hand and said "not a problem"

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    WRONG !!! He's a little waiffe ***** boy that makes a ton of money and thinks that gives him the right to be an ******* to others. With THAT attitude and lack of temper control he will NEVER be WC!

5. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Most course workers, USARM (United States Auto Race Marshals) included, are trained to put a steadying hand on drivers exiting the vehicle for any reason. This is primarily to keep them out of harms way if injured, disoriented, or just while they still have their vision restricting helmets on. They will also talk to the driver to assess their condition. As a driver, they are your best friends, are there for your safety, helping you exit a damaged or buring car, and have lost their lives (Australia 2001, Italy 2000, Goodwood, etc.) in the process. Kimi's action was BS. He simply treated that worker as a lesser human. It’s clear that Kimi’s needs to mature for him to be a leader of a team as Schumi is.

6. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I guess you guys in America don't get to hear Martin Brundle's commentary. He said that people always want to grab you when you get out of the car, and your immediate reaction is to push them away. He said he understood exactly how Kimi felt.

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Exactly! Plus, being in the car, with what they claimed were 130-140 degree temps, it seemed to me to just jump out after being dehydrated like that he might be off his gait a little, like when you are laying out by the pool and stand up too quickly you are a little dizzy. The guy was just trying to HELP him and ensure his SAFETY! Bottom line: another premadonna pansy!

8. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi guy's i agree the bloke is a p###k for pushing the marshall,at the end of
    the day it wasant the marshalls fault the motor blew or kr's,so why blame the marshall,the heat has nothing to do with it,they are paid mega buck's to do this job,if they dont like it go and do somthing else,
    I wonder if kr went back to the pit's and had a right punch up with the engine people,

cheers guy's
    Dale.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Make sure I'm never a marshall - I'd put Kimi out of his misery...

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I would just insert a size 15 in a select portion of his anatomy so hard that he would need a doctor to remove it ;)

11. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    That would be great! KR and Norbert slugging it out!

At Ferrari's worst (botched pit stops, reliability problems, playing catch-up with 2nd rate tires) Schumi and Rubens have been leaders. KR has some growing up to do.

12. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Very common to see this reaction, I have seen many drivers do this after similar incidents, in fact if you watch the TV, I would say almost all drivers react in a similar way. I never did understand why the marshals try to grab them, they are clearly able to take care of themselves.

13. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    KR is still just a kid. A kid with a very expensive toy, but still a kid. There are no excuse for what he did, and I think that Ron Dennis or someone from FIA should speak to him about this. Course workers do not make a lot of money, and they are there to help the drivers. Just ask any driver that had been hurt after a crash, ie Lauda and Berger they wouldn't even be alive now if it wasn't for them.

To me, the state of F1 is almost like the state of NBA as Jordan retired. There are plenty of fast drivers that are to be "the next great one", but no one has yet shown the maturity, understanding and what it really takes to be a WC yet. FA and MW may be our last hope until KR and JPM grows up.

14. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK

FA and MW....good young class acts.

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hmmm, did not see this but I have been on both sides of the fence many times (ie, flag marshal and driver ... not at F1 level ofcouse ;)) and you need to understand the emotions of a racing driver.

Motor racing is one of the most emotional sports and thus while puting a hand on a driver should not result in a punch, I was always bloody careful about how I interacted with hot and pissed off drivers. Remember the only time a corner worker (as you Americans call them) is in contact with a driver is when either the car has fncked up or the driver has made a mistake (usually expensive) ... thus they are not happy campers.

I remember blowing up my NEW engine during the morning practise once and a flag marshal came up to me asking what happened, my response was along these lines:

Now I'm a real placid guy normally but motor racing used to get my blood pumping and have been known to give another driver, and my pit crew (who fully understood that I was just venting frustration ... and just waited until I calmed down and then we would chat properly about it) and ear full after a troubled race.

If it doesn't get you excited you shouldn't be wasting your time ... so in some degree I am pleased to see that the Iceman does think that F1 is important and is showing a bit of passion!

Pete

16. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    "What do you think fncken happened, didn't you hear the fncken bang and there are bits of my expensive engine all over the fncken track ..."

That made me laugh out loud. Too funny. Although, I guess it wasn't so funny at the time.

Never having been a F1 driver, I can't fault him.

17. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    So let me see if I understand -- Kimi's immature for giving the guy a push and you solution is to insert a size 15 in a select portion of his anatomy so hard that he would need a doctor to remove it. What am I missing here?

18. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    So if my wife dies in a car wreck, I can punch a cop in the head? NO F*CKING WAY! He had a bad day at the office and won't go broke over it. If I have a bad day at the office and do that because some guy tapped me on the shoulder to tell me my lights were still on, I would be charged with assult. Hey Kimi, F*CK OFF YOU PIECE OF SH*T! If you were on a team that wasn't in the current top 3, you would already have lost your ride, so eat sh*t!

19. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    I felt like jumping through my Tv screen and kicking the snot out of that punk kimi!!!!!!

20. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Let me see if I understand this. Its okay for the marshall to pull Kimi out of the car if he wasn't able to do it himself but the marshall guiding him to a more neutral spot at the station deserved a shove? He was only doing his job. And if Kimi doesn't like the fact that he was put into the position of being subservient to a marshall he should take that up with whoever was responsible for his car stopping on the track. I say fine him.

21. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    You are 100% Right Tifosi69. You see this on-going problem in all sports nowadays. These "kids" get paid too much and then they think they rule the world. I used to think Kimi was awesome, now I think he is a big loser just like all the other smart ass-ed overpaid losers out there (the bad ones). I am 100% for people making lots of money and doing well but cannot stand the abuse.

There are still some good guys left, but what ever happened to the good old gentleman/sportsman-like way we all knew.

There should be heavy fines for crap like that.

Vasco.R

22. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I realize that F1 is very different than the club racing I've done, but "subservient" is a good term. If we ignored a direct instruction from a corner worker, starter stand, steward, etc. we could/would be black flagged. The reasoning was sound as the radio communication between the USARM workers meant they knew what the heck was going on everywhere (track, pits, off track) and were giving drivers instructions to ensure everyone's safety. I wonder how KR's sponsors feel about the shove seen by the largest sporting viewership in the world?

23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    FIA should make him serve out his career at McLaren as punishment.........

24. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Kimi walked over to the area just behind the edge of the wall, paused for a second, and a track worker ran over and grabbed him by the arm. Kimi didn't need any help, and he was already out of harm's way. The track worker was simply being over officious. Fining the track worker, however, is a little extreme.

25. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy

Great point! If they didn't know about this side of Kimi they certainly do now.