Non U.S. members, free Ferrari Stickers form Shell | FerrariChat

Non U.S. members, free Ferrari Stickers form Shell

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sduke, Mar 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    I found this by accident while browsing the Shell Motorsports web page. Shell is giving away Ferrari Stickers. For some reason they are not available for the U.S. market. Probably due to some arcane marketing situation.

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=motorsport-en

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    According to the site:

US Residents

Sorry. Due to legal restrictions, this offer is not currently available to US residents. However, we are in the process of extending the sticker set promotion to the US. Once finalized, the promotion will be available on www.countonshell.com.

Please check back here on 3rd April.

--------------------------------------------------------
    I guess I will be there on the 3rd.

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    I think when you fill in all that. Your mailbox will be full of marketingstuff.

I think I'll pass for a few stickers...

4. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yeah, I saw that in the newsletter yesterday. Funny thing is I emailed them in Dec asking how come the US isn't eligible and believe it or not they actually replied that they would consider setting up something in the States. Well I'll be damned, a Corp. that is actually doing what they said. ;)

Dave
    <edit>
    Here is their reply email:
    Dear David

Thank you for your e mail to Shell Motorsport.

Regrettably, US residents are unable to participate in the Shell Motorsport
    Sticker Set promotion for legal reasons. However, we are currently looking
    into running similar motorsport promotions in 2004 in which we hope US
    residents will be able to participate. We will keep you updated on
    developments.

Kind regards,

Lisa Hayward
    Shell Motorsport
    Shell International Oil Products
    Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom
    Email: [email protected]

5. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Thanks SDuke, I just ordered some and sent them to my family in Canada. Going to look good stuck on my laptop!

DrBob: you can opt out of the marketing stuff by not ticking those permission boxes. Even still, I used my "spare" email account I use to register for freebies.

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That's BS, why not US.

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    The stickers just arrived today (from England, no less). Very cool. Good prints, and there's like 8-9 stickers, incl. the GA-2003 from several angles, 3 or 4 action shots, and even Rubens and Schumi victory shots cut out. A little 1" Scudetto and a Shell logo (might not use that).

Going to stick them all over my Powerbook, which only has a big 3" scudetto I picked up last summer outside the museum in Maranello (store is www.ferrarimarket.com).

I'm going to bring the sheet tonight to show the Toronto guys at the karting activity.

8. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    What kind of goofy-ass legal restrictions could be preventing Shell from sending racing stickers to people in the U.S.?! But handing out packs of smokes at NASCAR races is OK.

9. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Ryan

I got your PM

10. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    I think you will find (although this is a bit of a guess) that the legal reasons are based around data protection. Shel is an Angle/Dutch company and the main computing power/storage for customer information is in Europe. In Europe the data protection laws are very strong and not compatible with the ones in the US.

I worked with Ford for a while and they had to move all the computers holding european customer data to Europe due to data protection.

11. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    Finally a good reason to not live in the USA. Luckyly I live in Belgium, so my stickers are on this way. :) :)

Thanks sduke

12. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    ...sent to my virtual office in Sydney. They will forward to me in LA!!

Cheers

13. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    I've received them last week .

Due to new legalization about spam etc. in the first mail you get from them they specifically ask if you want to receive more and they ask if you want to subscribe for the newsletter.
    With offcourse always the option to unsubscribe.

14. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    I think living in the U.S. is just a wee bit more important than being eligible for some stickers. Could be wrong, but.......

15. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    I guess you have never been to Europe :)

16. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John

Lived in Germany for 3 years and vacationed twice there and although I enjoyed many parts of it still wouldn't trade for the country that saved all of Europe from having German as their offical language

17. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    I've been in the USA also, and liked it a lot, and i will visit it again
    It's a great country,
    but sometimes the mentality of the people that think that they are 'better' just because they're american (and believe me i've met them (i also worked at the reception of a sheraton hotel) botters me.

:) I do speak german, ( but also french, english and dutch) ;)

18. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    Just because I'm an American doesn't make me anything, but an American. People that think they're better than me "botters" me too. I Don't think I'm better. Never said I was better than anybody, or anything of the sort. I just happen to think, in my opinion, that the USA is the best country in the world compared to what I've seen. There may be other countries that I would like as much, but I haven't been there yet