Q:It's raining. Do you take your Ferrari out? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Q:It's raining. Do you take your Ferrari out?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F1Ace, Mar 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    #51 urraco, Mar 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I have a Carrera 4 and the 365 GT4 (18759). Both get driven no matter what the weather. I've used the GT4 to get paint at Home Depot before. Its a car, not this piece of art that sits in the garage. When I am in the states, I drive it to work on average of 3 days a week.

And I don't live in southern California, so I actually know how to drive in the wet.

Use it.

3. faSt4

faSt4 Rookie

Mar 13, 2004
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    M. B.
    I have an STi for the rain.

4. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Because Ferraris deserve a lot more respect than others.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    #55 amenasce, Mar 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Rain will not affect your Ferrari. Use it in the rain by all means.

7. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Ditto, Mr. Mann. I also appreciate lovely women.

8. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    I've used my 1967 330 GTC as an often/sometimes everyday driver since I bought it in November of 1975. Rain & shine, no sign of rust anywhere at over 160,000 miles.
    However, it has never seen salt.
    These cars are to be driven - rain doesn't hurt them.
    Bob Zambelli

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Im sorry but saying driving a Ferrari under the rain is disrespecting her is BULL$HIT !
    Do you think Enzo would have asked his pilots to stop Le Mans if it started to rain ? Do you think Schumacher wont drive at Spa if it rains because he doenst want to disrespect his F1 ? Or John Bosch wont drive his Daytona Comp ?

Stop the Respect BS...Find another reason.

10. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Geez, I live in Seattle. When does it *not* rain (today excepted!)? My 360 gets wet while washing it, and it sometimes gets wet while driving it. I treat them both the same and dry it off as needed. :) Tim

11. clokey

clokey Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    In my opinion it depends on where you live...here in SoCal I'm extremely mindful of driving in the rain, not to protect the car but to protect my passenger and myself......most folks here have no idea how to drive in the rain. There's no doubt I feel far safer in the SUV than the ferrari when the roads are greasy. Now back home (in the UK) that's a different matter....like others have said before me..when doesn't it rain there.... and familiarity sure makes for safer driving.

12. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Do not drive Ferrari in the rain.

Drive Lambo in the rain.

13. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Of course, why not? It's an awesome car, but still a car nonetheless.

14. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Don't think I've ever heard as much arse on a thread before :)

Enzo Ferrari was a racer. He'd spin in his grave to know that some of his cars rarely ventured out or that they weren't used as much as possible.

Keep it clean, keep it well serviced and looked after (this is respecting the car) and use it. And if a mom in a 4x4 hits the car, get her insurance details and get the car fixed properly!

It IS only a car. A fine, fine car but a car none the less. They do look great in the driveway/garage, but they're even better when you're driving them!

15. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    I don't mind driving any car in the rain, F-car included. I used to drive F355 as a daily driver for over a year. I drove it in the rain, took it to fast food, to supermarket, to dump the trash (put the trash bag on the seat..ha ha)

Cars are made to be driven....and enjoy...in all condition.

16. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yes, of course.

It always rains at LeMans!!! ;)

17. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    It was raining when I drove a Ferrari for the first time (wasn't a rainy day for me actually :)). Since then I drove a Ferrari in various weather conditions from time to time. And why not? A Ferrari can certainly handle some rain.

But... I'ld prefer to drive one in sunny weather and you can't deny that bad weather conditions like rain or wet roads are a bit more risky. Certainly with high-powered rear wheel drivers.

So if I had one myself, I would mostly like to drive it on nice and sunny days, but I wouldn't stay at home for a bit of rain if I really needed a Ferrari drive (to a F-meeting f.e.) Just have some more caution.

Greets, Alexander

18. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    if it rains, stay home or take the other car!

19. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    I have a 72 Dino GTS that I used everyday. Rain or Shine. And I learned more than I wanted to about the lack of rust protection on these cars. My car has just come out of the paint shop from a full body restoration. A lot of rust had crept into the car. Now how much was there before I got her, I don't know. But the rain couldn't have helped.

Other factors when raining:

1) Since it's a GTS, it leaks.
    2) The demister is pathetic.
    3) I once drove on a FCA drive with non-working wipers over the ORTEGA HWY. Talk about your thrills.

Now that I've gotten the body restored, will I drive her in the rain? You bet your life I will. The car is just too much fun not to. I have other cars and I don't baby any of them. When the mood strikes, I'm off. Rain or Shine.

20. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    I could'nt have put it better than Tyler and Tom. I really drives me crazy knowing someone has one of the most desireable cars on the planet and won't drive it because of rain, mileage, stone chips, etc.etc. We've all heard it before. Like I've said before,it's like being with Katherin Zeta Jones and not having sex with her 'cause see might sweat! Buy a poster, stick it in your garage and stare at it . I have a video of Ferrari's 50 years, and Ferrari's from the world over meet in Italy and caravan in the rain. And I'm talking MILLION DOLLAR PLUS FERRARI'S in the RAIN!