Show yourself!!! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Show yourself!!!

Discussion in 'Asia' started by ltjng, Feb 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Very nice. Is the steering wheel on the right or on the left like the one we have in the US??

2. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Mon...my brother is selling his 360 for around 17 million baht....I think. It has around 3000 km on the clock.

If you don't know this already... 17 million baht comes to about $US425,000...yessss... Thai government put a very heavy Tax on imported car..I think it's around 300% today.

3. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Right.

4. hk328

hk328 Rookie

Nov 14, 2003

Hi Gary I'm in HK but have property in Cebu. Looking for a 328 in Philippines, so if you hear of 1 for sale, please post details on "Asia" threads.

Are you a member of the Manila Sports Car Club, we plan to pay a visit to one of their Sunday morning get togethers at the Rockwell Centre, just a question of finding some time to come down. I have seen only one Ferrari n Manila, but as you say a number of Porsche's. Also one 348 in Cebu, the only Ferrari in Cebu. Forget the traffic, you can avoid thia at 5am, but the roads must be the biggest problem facing you! Ortigas/Makati and Southern Free way must be the only areas where yuu can drive with reasonable confidence on road canditions.

Keep us all informed of what is happening in the Philippines, its a great country!

5. hk328

hk328 Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    OK so we have contacts in Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong, China, what about all you owners in: India, Singapore, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, and any other Asian country. Let us know what is going on! A number of us travel throughout Asia on a regular basis, and we would like to catch up with some fellow Ferrari owners and enthusiasts.

6. Andrew

Andrew Karting

Feb 26, 2002
    Tokyo, Japan
    tokyo here, most events are held in the spring and fall summer is the rain season followed by typhoons

There is a big event on Oct 3 of this year with about 100 ferraris here in Tokyo attending.

7. hk328

hk328 Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    Hi Andrew good to hear from you in Japan. Do you live in the Tokyo area, and do you own a Ferrari or just an enthusiast? I have seen many Ferrari's being driven on the streets during my trips to Japan, including a Daytona in Tokyo.

Thanks for the information on the meet in October, perhaps you could give more details nearer the date.

8. Jon@Tezta

Jon@Tezta Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Hong Kong / Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jonathan
    Hello guys, funny how many F-car owners in asia but nobody posts here :(

Ive got a question for you thailand members, does the govt allow LHD cars to be registered there? Its a shame in HK the don't i wonder whats going to happen to the Enzo's here.

9. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    Tezta: no problem... we can register lhd cars in Thailand. I have seen a few very interesting cars here with lhd. My friend has a 1969 Vett convertible that he is selling. I have seen 288 GTO. I have seen the GT2 (993 series). I know there is one stratos, 2 F50s, a few F40s, and many old American muscles.

10. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    Beep! Beep! Not in Asia but I'm Asian! :)

11. tsang85

tsang85 Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    Vancouver
    hey jimmy, just curious, but what do you do for a living?

12. JimC

JimC Karting

Jul 11, 2002
    HK / Houston TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I don't think any owners are going to register their Enzo in HK, think they are just going to drive with red tag on them on weekends. Anyone here went to Carcity recently and saw the 2 CLK GTR? They said the engine cover and the spoiler is worth HK$600K alone.

But I can tell you one thing for sure, there is an Enzo in Houston, Tx that has been wrecked and burned to the ground (Stories on Texas board "Ferrari sightings page 7-ish).

13. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Enzos can't be registered legally in HK because they are left-hand drive only. Yes, I saw the CLK GTR a long time ago at Carcity. Saw one driven to Lok Geng as well. That car is HUGE!

14. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    He is NOT gonna tell you.
    If you go to bimmer.org, E39 5 series board, go to achive from 2-3 yrs ago, you can see how much discussion there was about this subject :)

15. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    I think I know what Jimmy does for a living, or at least part of what he does. The hint is in the pics he posted.

16. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    nah, the light blub selling is extra money for good, but pocket change compared to a Ferrari.
    I am pretty sure it's family money. Give you a hint his father has body guards, you figure ... :)

17. silverf1modena

silverf1modena Formula Junior

Hi! Korea here! Ha! Well, I'm from Orange County California, but I go back and forth from Korea to Cali. Almost monthly, and at times more^_~! I have property in Korea and in OC and LA. But as far as my car I keep it here in Cali. because I'm here more and so is my family. In korea there are alot of Ferraris, but not many classics.They have a Ferrari/Maserati dealer right down the street from my house in Seoul Korea in a city called Apkujongdong. I have seen a handful of Stradales and alot of 360 Modenas, alot of F355's, 2 TR's, 5 of 348's and 1 that was right hand drive that was imported from HK, a F40, a Enzo,a dnamongst them alot of other exotics such as a handful of Murcielago's, Gallardo's, Diablo's, Countach's, and too many Porsche's, mercedes, and Beamer's. It seems that alot of people in the States think that alot of asian countries are 3rd world countries, but that is not so. As a matter of fact, most of the European cars are released in Korea far before they are released here in Cali. And the Damn premiums on them are hella expensive like 60-120%. And to maintain any of these vehicles, you better be ab;e to back the finances, because you have to pay for registration taxes teice a year and the rates are judge on the size of your engine and anything above 2.0 liters, you better have alot of cash! I wont even mention gas prices. I used to have a M5 here and it cost me US $150 to fill the tank. But anyways, when I get a chance, I will try and take some pics of the dealers and some cars. On weekend nights here it is crazy as there are alot of exotic car clubs that gather. =)

18. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hmm, I was in Korea for a week and I did not see any exotic, and I did go to all the supposely happening spots.

Asian countries are still 3rd world countries, and I am saying that as Chinese myself. When you go to the cities like Seoul, Shanghai, Bangkok, you know the happening cities or the capitals, sure it is fancy. But the rest of country is not. I was in Shanghai for Christmas and New Year, the good part is just like NYC, things there are more expensive than NYC! But when you go to sub, it is totally different.

19. silverf1modena

HMmm... Maybe you went to the wrong parts.
    If you go to Apkujondong, Chongdamdong, and Samsungdong which are right next to each other in a L shape form lookin at a map, they have alot! That area is like the Rodeo Drive of Korea w/all the shops such as Gucci, Prada, Dolce and Gabbana, Armani, Escada,etc..you get the idea. Pretty much like Tokyo. And especially starting 2001, there have been an increasing amount of exotics due to the drops in premiums of like 200%. Yeah if you go to some of the undeveloped country parts on the outskirts of Seoul or further, there are still farms as with any countries(mainly rige paddies=) but definitely no 3rd world country. They have developed alot within the past 14 years and at an incredible pace. Japan and Korea are considered the leaders of internet and cellular telecommunications thruout the whole world. And in terms of tecjnology in electronics and sorth, pretty damn advanced, as asians are very into trends they are always thinkin up of new ideas. True Korea took in western technology abit later than Japan, but they really have picked up the pace in the passed several years and have even surpassed in some aspects.

Yes, I do agree with you about EVERYTHING being about 2-3 times more in price in Korea. Also, I have been to Hong Kong, Shanghai, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Japan...
    Hong Kong(alot of Ferraris) and Tokyo(alot of ferraris) are very developed and high tech, but I couldn't really say the same for some other parts of China(all though there are people there w/mega bucks!) Also Singapore is almost just like Hawaii and I saw alot of ferraris there also. Philippines in Manila, I saw some ferraris and alot of Porsches! In Cebu I only saw Mercedes or beamers. So yea, you are right on the part where you have to be in the right spots! Next time you go to Korea, just pm me or email me and I will try and match my schedule to your's to show you some spots and also great cars and that goes for anyone on this site.

And until then, the next time I'm in Korea or I speak to a friend I will have him take some pics of some spots, dealers, and cars^_~!

20. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    okay, now you've got my attention.... do I know you?

:)

21. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Hmm, let me put it this way, given your reputation on E39 5 series board on bimmer.org from years ago, it is hard not to know you since I used to surf that board(I had a 540 too).

22. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Nice thread. Just want to say "hi" to all. Although permanently residing here in the beloved USA, am originally from the Philippines. My brother said a Ferrari dealer recently inaugurated in Manila. I'll probably check it out when I visit hopefully at the end of the year. Is there an F-club there?

23. F40Lover

F40Lover Karting

Mar 28, 2004
    Is the F40 for sale? I have been chatting here with your brother and he has been a great help. I am currently looking to purchase a F40 this year as I will be relocating to Thailand and from what I hear the import duties and taxes are UNREAL. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

So far its FERRARI FERRARI FERRARI in F1.

24. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    If I remembered correctly, first world countries refer to (western) countries that won WW2. Second world countries refer to communist countries. Third world countries refer to countries that don't belong to the first or second (its not about wealth). Technically, China (as well as North Korea) is a second world country. South Korea would be considered a first world country. Thailand is a third world country.

25. silverf1modena

Hello Kenster! You are exactly correct! WheW! Im glad you described it just right! ThanX!