Best Tire Size Upgrade for 360?????????? | FerrariChat

Best Tire Size Upgrade for 360??????????

Discussion in '360/430' started by balfas, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. balfas

balfas Karting
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2003
    Toronto Canada
    Full Name:
    balfas
    Can anyone give me some feedback on tire sizes. I'm thinking of changing my stock tires to 19" with 235/35/19 in front & 285/35/19 in rear. I track the car & want better sidewall rigidity. The look doesn't hurt either. Anyone who has changed their tire/wheel combos please respond with the size they changed to, the change in handling characteristics, and did you have any problems (rubbing, abs, speedo, etc.). Thanks.

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I will try.

Can I ask why you think you need more tire sidewall stiffness?

Plenty of us track these cars on stock rubber, or r-coumpound rubber, and even slicks without going to taller wheels. IN fact, if you check, the kinds of rubber available for track use goes down hil rapidly beyond 17 iunches. At 18 inches we are already not able to get certain kinds of tires, 19 inches will be even worse.

Some of us think that wheels that are much bigger than the brake rotors look RICE. Are you going to upgrade the brakes also?

Are you aware that you can change the handling of these cars by using the adjustible spring perches? The reason to go with wider tires is to increase the grip level at the cost of the delicacy.

3. balfas

balfas Karting
    BANNED

Dec 2, 2003
    Toronto Canada
    Full Name:
    balfas
    I will also change the brakes to challenge spec.
    I have just found out that we'll soon be able to get tires by yokohama in the stradale sizes 225/35/19 & 285/35/19's. Hre makes a nice wheel the 547r 19" as well. Any further thoughts, Thanks.