Saw the OC caravan in BH......... | FerrariChat

Saw the OC caravan in BH.........

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by darth550, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Rick and Jerry...et al,

I was driving up Rodeo Dr. and LO and behold....the caravan went by..... F40, TT, Z06, 328, 328 and a couple of (backmarker) TR's. Then after a few miunutes.....AGAIN rounding BH Lambo and back onto Wilshire on the way to Black on Black. I didn't put 2 and two together (due to the distance from OC)until I saw the TY Enzo 328 and Augustine told me whos ' plate that is (while I was calling to report the spot to he, Carbon and Bruce).

All your cars looked and sounded fantastic! The last blast down LaCienega was cool too!

Good timing for me :D

DL

2. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    ****! I was in my #3 office all day today upstairs from Symbolic. ****ing livid i missed it son of a ***** ******** it!

3. ourobos

ourobos Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    DL, were you driving the red 360 F1 spyder? If it was, I was in the blue BMW 535i in front of you.

4. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    No, but I saw/heard him as well...Tubi :D

DL

5. ourobos

ourobos Rookie

Jan 4, 2004
    Wait, that wasn't you in the black Aviator that was honking at me, was it? ;)

6. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Well I never honked at you but yes, that was me. I was on the phone with Augustine at the time, letting him hear you guys!

EDIT: I did honk on Wilshire but not at you guys, at least I thought. Were you on Wilshire or turning from the side of LBH?

DL

7. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Dave, you should have called me buddy! I was in the black Mustang GT with my best bud in the caravan. :D

8. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I didnt know all you guys were going to be up here. I wish I had!

DL

9. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    We posted this last week. http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11608
    We left Newport around 8:15 and drove up to Malibu then up to the Coffee House. Thank goodness Steve and Paul knew their way around up there because I get lost in my own backyard :) The turnout up there was pretty good. It was fun driving back down to Malibu where it was cooler.
    Did any of you guys see the crashed bike parked by the side of hill?
    We wanted to hit all the exotic car dealers in BH but they are all closed on Sunday. I guess they figure if you are going to spend $250K on a car you can do it during the week! :) Black on Black was doing some picture taking of their cars so we did get to check out an F50 an Enzo, more 550s then I have ever seen in one spot and 2 512Ms.
    After being up until 2am watching the F1 race the night before I think we were all pretty beat. Great day, thanks everyone.
    Kal, let me know how the video turns out.

Rick

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    That is too funny Darth! We drove about 5 hours that day & stood in the sun for the rest of the day - I am soooo tired now! Was a ton of fun though & got to meet a few new F-chatters that are as nice as the ones I have already meet. God bless the internet! :)

Can't wait to see Kal's video - That will be incredible! The camera angles scared me & my wife! We kept thinking we were going to take a camera throught the windshield, lol.

11. clokey

clokey Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You too? I visualized Kal's camera bouncing off your windscreen and heading right at me.

Should make for some interesting viewing......t'was a fun day!

12. Z06Kal

Z06Kal Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Hey great drive guys! Lots of fun! THe guy riding shot gun with me is a good friend of mine who is the creater of the redline series of videos you find on Racingflix.com. He is so much into the whole video thing now that he bought a production quality camera (not what we were sticking out the windows at 120mph) and a state of the art Mac with FInalcut pro which is the industry standard for digital video editing. He is going to be putting together a movie this summer about performance cars in general. However I will talk to him to get us some highlight clips from the drive I know he got some fantastic camera angles. He was switching lenses in the car as fast as he could to get the different shots. I know i was nervous I kept saying "Don't take any paint off the car!"

13. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Hey, at least I got to hear you guys! Darth stuck the phone out the window as you all blasted by. Pretty cool. I'll be out there soon and hopefully I can join in. :)

14. clokey

clokey Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You too? I visualized Kal's camera bouncing off your windscreen and heading right at me.

Should make for some interesting viewing......t'was a fun day!

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Kal - I've always wanted to hear my Tubi on film.