jpm watched a different race than i did.... | FerrariChat

jpm watched a different race than i did....

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by ross, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    here is the story from another site
    http://www.planetf1.com/Home/story_14755.shtml

he claims he was held up by barichello....when i saw the race he was several hundred yards behind rubi at best....how can he say he was held up? look at the gap between him and schumi at the end, including schumi's slowdown in the final laps, he was no where close to winning as he says.

i used to like him for his forthrightness and frank speaking but you have to back the talk with actions or its just talk....win some races jpm !

2. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Did you not get the memo on JPM is never at fault? He is a perfect driver being held up by a bunch of rookies and everyone should move out of his way, even if they are giving up a position.

What a joke! I don't see his attitude improving when he goes to McClaren.

3. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I posted it in another thread, I heard him pass a comment when asked about trying to pass RB "well you know ferrari" implying that RB would crash him out instead of letting him pass. I can't find this quote in any of the transcipts, guy needs to grow up

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    When he goes to McClaren he's going to be even more PISSED since currently it's an inferior car.

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    it was a fair competition............maybe a sore looser? I can't believe that I watched it at 2:00 a.m.!

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    He DID say that and what planet is HE living on? HE is the reckless driver who crashes people out. Williams and McClaren are just pissed that Ferrari is already walking away with the WC (knock on wood) and they are coming up with a plethora of excuses 2 races in to the season! I love it! I'm going to shut up now, I don't want to jinx MS or WC #7.

7. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    At the start of the race after a few laps in JM was behind RB and the gap to MS was fairly large. Then after JM was in 2nd, he closed the gap to MS quickly. Then MS put on a charge and kept the gap.

8. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    So what about the possibility of Ralph not getting any control or input with his team because of the big headed Columbian? Perhaps in the next few years, we'll see the younger Schumacher build up a team and battle it off with JPM. JPM should be given ultimatums with his excuses and poor attitude towards the sport.

9. Storm-Rider

Storm-Rider Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    I can't wait to see how this boils over to the next race . . .

10. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    JPM always has an excuse not to win. During the entire race he was not that close to Rubens to be held up. If he wants to pass, don't talk bull****, just drive faster.

11. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    JPM is a sore loser. Plain and simple.

12. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Only problem is that ralf is probably out after this year.

13. ART360

ART360 Guest

Fastest lap of the race: JM. I want to see Ferrari win, but not in a landslide.

Art

14. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    JPM is one of the best drivers in F1, period. If he had the Ferrari he would be able to win much easier than MS. If Kimi didn't have all the DNFs last year he would have beat MS handily.Also, don't forget that with the aerodynamics of the F1 cars, you can't just follow close behind another car waiting to pass. If you would have paid attention during the race, you would have known that JPM's lap times were faster than RB while he was holding up JPM.

15. mikeman

mikeman Rookie

Dec 6, 2003
    I watched the race and with Tivo was able to go back and replay the scene over a few times. If he was held up by RB it must have been by reputation! What an arrogant little ----!
    Mike

16. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    Man, you could say 'If that...If this..." all day long. You think that JPM would be able to win easier than MS if he drove the Ferrari? I dont think so. I mean, I respect your opinion, and I won't deny that JPM has some major talent, and will one day earn himself a WC or two, but, MS is still the best. Forget the cars. Driver for Driver Schumacher is untouchable.

As for the team, its all chemistry. Whos to say JPM would be able to drive the Ferrari any better than the BMW. It may be worse for him. Schumacher has had so much influence in the engineering of the Ferrari. I think that is what separates him from many other drivers. He is a genius when it comes down to the technical specifications.

So while it is unfortunate that some good drivers are stuck with crappy teams (not that BMW is crappy) its not fair to say MS only wins as much as he does because of the car. Obviously Ferrari can work miracles, but, without MS's input, (off the track & in testing) that car wouldn't perform nearly as well as it does.

17. Jameel

Jameel Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Canada
    Not only is this guy and amazing driver, but he's a genius when it comes to setting up the car. I think a lot of the drivers that have potential may not be as good as he is at setting up the car.

Personally I like JPM, I think he's a good and aggressive driver, who won't back down from / for anybody. I do hope the BMW closes the gap for the rest of the season. McLaren better get their act together, or they are done. Imagine if BAR beats them this year. OUCH!

18. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    No way. Michael Schumacher is way above everyone in the field at the moment. Arguably the best F1 driver in HISTORY! No one in the current field can or will touch him.