Kent FOC stuff | FerrariChat

Kent FOC stuff

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by sletti, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Joe, Andy, Paul, Chris, Chris, Darren, etc.

Last time we met at the Lion, Peter Critchell asked what we would like us to be doing clubwise in the Kent area.

As we gather again in less than two weeks, perhaps we could have some ideas for him.....

Any suggestions? I like Daz's suggestion of Karting.

Stig

2. GOS 348

GOS 348 Karting

Jan 17, 2004
    Edenbridge, Kent
    Full Name:
    Chris Gosling
    Stig,

I agree with the Karting idea particularly as we have Buckmore Park on our doorstep.
    Or we could drive out to Filching Manor, near Eastbourne, 50 minutes from K1, which has plenty of parking, a small car museum and a good contoured outside kart track. I know the owners so may be able to get us a group booking discount.

How about a meet up with Essex or Sussex Areas at their more established monthly meets?

Chris G

Good luck with the 328 purchase

3. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    Meeting up with other groups is a good idea( not just Fcar groups though).What about organising a tour around Maranello's(Egham).I've tried cotacting DK Engineering if they would let us tour their facilities however they have yet to return my email.Denbies vineyard is a nice place to go to and you can take your partners and have a decent meal there(have a look at their website).If you want to go gokarting I will be more than happy to arrange it as I have 2 tracks on my doorstep(depends if you want easy or technical).We could do a drive out into the heart of Kent(do the tour if you want) and end up in a country pub for drinks and food(maybe able to assist with the pub as the mother inlaw is a landlady and is good friends with the area manager for Shepherd Neame).
    Let you know if I can come up with more idea's.
    Steve tried your email that you gave me and am having no joy with it.Could you therefore PM me with venue details please.Cheers
    Daz

4. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Stig,

A few things that were thrown up in the air on previous meets and a few ideas that I had were:

Treasure Hunt - Takes a bit of organizing, but can be a great day out - especially when you get lost!!

Drive Out - After the Essex drive out we had last year that was organised by Andrew - I thought I would have a quick look on the map for a good route. Kent seems to be full of twisties rather than open roads like the A10 etc. I was going to suggest a route but would like some input form others.

Mystery drive - Only the event leader knows where you'll be going and what you'll be doing!

Driving Skills Challenge! - A short course laid out in a car park, where the driver must manoeuvre the car as directed with the participation of a passenger, who is given other challenges. Generally, this is a timed event where each challenge is rated for accuracy.

Brooklands Museum - http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com
    I have ashamedly never been there but looks like an interesting day out.

Don’t forget about the FOC Kent Ferrari gathering at Groombridge Place on 11th July.

Theres a few for starters!

Paul

(Stig - Did you get my PM about the Kent Venue?)

5. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Paul,

Yes young metal-meister, I did. When do you suggest a driveout to chekkit, innit?

Stigbert

6. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Stig,

Saturday seems good for me - I believe you are meeting up with Marc in the morning? - I cant remember of you have my mobile number - Will PM it to you.

Paul

7. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

DK are probably trying to get rid of the many skeletons from there cupboards before they reply. Believe me thier are many of them.

Regards

Stewart