Buying my ferrari 308 | FerrariChat

Buying my ferrari 308

Discussion in '308/328' started by Barnone 308, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Barnone 308

Barnone 308 Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2004
    canada
    I am currently looking to purchase a ferrari 308, Unfortunately I live in canada and not in california. I have been following the price of these cars all my life. I am finding that in canada for some weard unknown reason, the cars are selling for about 10,000 CAN more then they should be. I am not sure why this is happening. I would think the going price on a 308 should be anywhere between 24-30 US. Does anyone want to sell theres..

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It must have to do with the captive market.

Can you not import US cars? I'll offer mine, it's originally sold IN CANADA.
    Of course I'd want $10K over the market too! LOL

What would it matter, if the North American specs from those years (76 -77) are the same between our two countries??

3. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Actually, strong cars, esp. '76 Fibreglass are still up to mid 30Ks.

4. Barnone 308

Mar 22, 2004
    canada
    No problem in importing them. I wish I could make some contact like in San Diego were I can buy one for a fair price. You know of any speedy..

5. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    PM me and I'll tell you where the ones are, I know about!

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #6 BigTex, Mar 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Barnone 308

Mar 22, 2004
    canada
    Speedy how do I PM you man

8. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'll PM you, see over there up in the corner?

9. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    1. You shouldn't compare the US market to the Canadian market (when looking at 308 prices). Regardless of a fluctuating exchange rate, there are less Ferrari's for sale in Canada than in the US. Hence, prices will be slightly higher over here. A good working 308 should be anywhere between $35K to $45K (CDN) and an excellent car will go anywhere from $45K to $55K (CDN). Anything higher, and you're in 328 territory.

2. If you look hard enough, there are plenty of F-cars for sale in either Toronto or Montreal. You just have to know where to look. My experience is that most sellers (in Montreal) tend to do it by word of mouth (in order to avoid the wanna-be's and tire-kickers). When I bought mine, it took almost two years to locate and it was all done by word-of-mouth.

3. With all due respect to the great state of California and our American neighbours, what is so unfortunate about living in Canada??!!

10. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Blk/blk 1984 308 QV
    California Car - contact me if you are interested.

11. jpl

jpl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Yulee Florida
    Full Name:
    JP Lavigne
    Feel free to buy in the US. There are some advantages as that is what I did. I bought my 308 in Ft Lauderdale and drove it home over the week-end. The biggest advantage I found is that the Toronto and Montreal cars are usually hibernating for 4-6 months each year, whereas the US cars...at least the southern US cars don't. In my opinion better cars, better prices and more choice. I am not saying you have to buy US, but you certainly should look south of the border.