Probably been posted 1000 times, but... | FerrariChat

Probably been posted 1000 times, but...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by C. Losito, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
  2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That video never gets old. Thanks for posting it I had it awhile ago but it got deleted from my computer. Thanks. The turbos sticking out of the hood on that Grand National are scary looking. Honestly what kind of monster actually burns out on a dyno?

3. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I would love a ride in that beast. What I don't understand is how you can put over 1,000 hp to a dyno with rubber tires driving a metal drum.

4. Dr C

Dr C Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2002
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Thanks for posting. I hadn't seen this before.

5. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I've always liked the old Grand National. What a nasty little v6. You ever looked under the hood? The engine looks tiny in that huge car.

6. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    I've had two of them in the past. Extremely cool cars to say the least. The one in the movie is a T-Type, not a Grand National, although the powertrain is identical. I can only imagine the numbers he is putting down through the 1/4 mi. I was running 10.4's @ 128mph with *only 450rwhp and 620ftlbs, I would guess he's somewhere in the 7-8 range if he can hook. One of the few respectable american cars IMHO.

-DC

7. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Man oh man, can you imagine that thing in a stop light to stop light race?? Woo wee, what fun! I love turbos!

8. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    I can't imagine putting full power down on the street. Maybe with DOT approved "street slicks" , but even then...