Ferrari 612 road test | FerrariChat

Ferrari 612 road test

Discussion in '612/599' started by dave_fonz_164, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    www.autoweek.nl test drove the 612. the car actually looks really good in their pics, complemented by that nice dark blue. good job Ferrari

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  3. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    It is a beautiful car, cant see why people are saying its ugly........!

4. 355now350soon

355now350soon Karting

Mar 19, 2004
    No doubt it is a beatifull car. But the problem I think is that people were waiting for a Murci killer and this isn't it.

5. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    its not a murci killer and never will be, its an aston martin killer. the murci killer was already produced, the enzo

6. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
  7. 355now350soon

355now350soon Karting

Mar 19, 2004
    I can see the Enzo against cars like the Mclaren, Porsche Carrera GT etc. Murci is not even in the same class as the Enzo. I would compare it to the 360. In which case the Murci kills the the 360. 360 CS is what 360 should have been all along and even that is not enough power. It's time for an upgrade fast and really who cares about the Astons anyway. Do people really care about 2+2 Ferraris that much. If Ferrari ruled with the Enzo and the 360 then it may have been fine.

8. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    there is no way a Murci compares to the 360, V12 AWD much heavier and larger. the gallardo is the 360's direct competition. honestly the murci dosnt have ne real competition. enzo, pagani etcc are all a class above and the rest of the cars are under the Murci

9. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO

The replacemt for the 456 would never be the same class of car. The 575 should have/will be the one to kill/rival the Murcielago..

10. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    LOL.

But seriously, did the author of the road test piece ask Ferrari if the 612 has to keep swimming in order to breathe underwater, or does it sleep stationary like other bloated fish?

*RIMSHOT*

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    enjoythemusic - I love it. hahaha

12. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    lol
    Thats a classic!

13. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/translate/nl/result.html

At the latest does not fall direct at everyone in the taste. The rijkwaliteiten to be however onovertroffen. He who eye in eye stands with the Ferrari 612 Scaglietti, donot can be differently than under the impression.
    Yes, it is vierzitter. 2+2. We find however that the new GT of Ferrari deserve the qualification 2+2½. Because by making cm the car 13.9 longer than its predecessor, 456, in the back of not only more leg space has arisen, but tevens 70 mm extra head spaces created.

The most beautiful place in these Pininfarina Gran devised Turismo are the driver chair. There you sit of course the bests. Formed with your feet on the correct distance at the pedals and your hands the ergonomic axial and laterally adjustable wheel, on which shines in in the middle of the putting up scaffolding horse. On both sides below buds for the link mode, CST and the boardcomputer. In the Scaglietti F1 sit behind the wheel the flippers manually, or better said with the finger tops, be able change gear.

We bring the 12 pistons in movement, which lives in aluminium block-system under the cap. That goes a sound accompanied by shining and at the same time whipping. By current emissie-eisen go there however much of the splendid engine sound lost.

Obtain do ie 320?

On the motorway is possible it celebrates to burst out. But we are not the enigen on the toll road. It does not will succeed therefore to test or these fastest vierzitter in the world really able are 320 put km/h on the meter.

If there just as a breach falls, to tap we two times against the linker flipper for the barge, that now on manual/sport stands, in 3 to put. Then goes at 120 km/h the gas on the beam. 612 Shoots gone. 200 km/h is peulenschilletje. We touch sixth acceleration at 260 km/h, then it becomes high time the ventilated brake disks (for 345 mm and
    behind 330 mm) with the four cylinder tackle brake claws. Splendidly as strong as the almost 5 meters long and 1840 kilos heavy
    2+2 slow down and thereby neatly horizontal remains.

At 612 the Scaglietti in the history CST (Control for Stability and
    Traction) in Ferrari it has been for the first time assembled. He who sport-loving drive will the choice has to put the CST of
    normally in the sport cog. He who really thinks that he is able the 540 keep pk in bed cheek, can the system eliminate by impression Cts-knop on the wheel. Keep or account that to 300,000 euro exactly have to you not enough
    new buy Scaglietti F1 and that there now already a liver period is of
    almost 2 years.

A vast file impression can read you in car week no.. 14 (24-31 March).

14. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    The tail looks like a bad 550 copy. The sides no where near the presense or elegance of the 456's.

The front... ah the front...

15. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't think 007 or Aston Martin have to worry much about Ferrari's "killer" :) I'd take the Marty.

16. ForzaMe

ForzaMe Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    The 456 is just such a pretty car, that it set up its successor to fail in the looks department. Really, how do you top the 456 looks?

17. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    By fixing its tail...but hey I dislike the daytona's tail too....

18. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    I think 612 is one of the best shape coming out of the F-factory lately. I was very disappointed with the Enzo. Saw it in thte metal 3 times, never warmed up to its look. But the 612 is just right, suitable as a future classic design.

The only thing I hate about the 612 is its instrument cluster...horrible....it doesn't suit the car's character at all.

19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    OMG. It has been nearly TEN WHOLE HOURS and your uncle Allan hasn't validated your asinine post yet!

What will you do?

DL

20. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    well i was one of the biggest detractors when i first saw it, but it is starting to grow on me a little more now, maybe its a color thing - blue and silver look a lot better than that candy apple red that i first saw it in.

21. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Here's a stumper: Unless they're both legless, your rear passengers are going to sit... where?

22. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    That´s the point.

Everyway, the guys at Ferrari are now laughing at us: two years of waiting list.

23. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

It does work for the family man, who wants to bring the kids along.

24. Onlinesys

Onlinesys Formula Junior

May 1, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Yes, it is. I reckon 95+% of people who purchased a 2+2 Ferraris are putting their kids(s) at the backseats so legroom is actually not a big problem.

25. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.

i dont know if usaw the comparison on top gear between the Vanquish and 575M. many would argue the the Aston has the prettier shape but in the end both clarkson and damon hill chose the 575m for its driving experience and then the Stig proved the 575m to be 1 second faster on the track.

yes the aston mite be prettier to look at in some aspects but i will guarantee you that the 612 will be the better one to drive