Raikkonen Needs His A$$ Kicked !! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Raikkonen Needs His A$$ Kicked !!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tifosi69, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You guys really need to see a replay of this. You're blowing it all out of proportion. It's being replayed on Speed Vision as we speak.

2. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    To me it's very simple.

Were his actions in pushing the marshall right ? Definitely not. The guy was trying to help him. Kimi's actions were rough and ungentlemanly.

Was Kimi so out of it that he couldn't take responsibility for his actions ? No, and this is my reason. If Kimi was so out of it that he couldn't think enough to reattach his steering after extricating himself from the car, then I would understand. But Kimi was lucid and rational enough to realise that there would be a fine to pay if he didn't reattach the steering after getting himself out, so he did. So he wasn't so agitated that he couldn't take responsibility for his actions.

Should he face censure for unprofessional unconduct ? I would say yes, most decidedly.

You would never see Michael Schumacher do this sort of thing, no matter what his mental state might be. He is a true professional and a gentleman.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    And no wonder we do not have REAL racing anymore. FNCK the sponsors, give the guy a break he is was a pissed off racing driver.

You can see that most of them drive thinking of their sponsors all the time and thus are too scared to have a go at passing, etc.

Corporate BS is killing this sport.
    Pete

4. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You would never see Michael Schumacher do this sort of thing, no matter what his mental state might be. He is a true professional and a gentleman.[/QUOTE]

Let me take you back to 1997:
    Following his cynical attempt to knock Jacques Villeneuve out of the European GP in Herez when he was being passed for the lead in the race and the championship, the FIA have stripped Michael Schumacher of all of his championship points for the year.

5. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    #30 nerd, Mar 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Professional sports, F1 in particular being the single largest TV draw in the world, is paid entertainment. In my book, he's being paid millions to be on the world stage, to win races, and represent his sponsors in the proper light. During a race week, a majority of his time is spent representing the sponsors, not driving. So, in the replay, whose logos can you see on his sleeve? If I was Mercedes, Siemens, SAP, Sun Microcomputer, Hugo Boss, etc. I’d be having a word with that boy…
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    The "sport" is long dead my friend. It's all just entertainment. Ban the logos on the fire suits, on the car, the billboards, and the TV ads, and our dear sport would not exist.

7. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I saw Warsteiner!!!

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes it would, it would just be much, much smaller without TV coverage and probably only watched by a couple of hundred people, bit like club racing.

The cars would be heaps simplier, with probably production based engines ...

In the end the need to compete is far stronger than our need to be TV stars.

Athletes do NOT train all their lives to compete at the Olympics to be on TV ... or to entertain us, the viewers.

Pete

9. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I hate Kimi he's the biggest punk in the sport.

10. Turb0flat4

Turb0flat4 Formula 3

Mar 7, 2004
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    RND
    Let me take you back to 1997:
    Following his cynical attempt to knock Jacques Villeneuve out of the European GP in Herez when he was being passed for the lead in the race and the championship, the FIA have stripped Michael Schumacher of all of his championship points for the year.[/QUOTE]

Deliberation was never proved in that incident. At any rate, that's different it's an on track incident between two race leaders. And Michael was much younger and more immature then.

In this case, Kimi took out frustrations on a true "innocent bystander". That ain't cool.

11. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Put Kimi in the car with me when I'm stuck in traffic and I'll make sure to take him right to the hospital after I wipe the blood up from my leather. I'll show him frustrations, the ass wipe...

Sunny

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I like that quote.

13. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    I don't remember what race it was last year but Kimi did the same thing after he was close to (if not about to) win a race. His motor let go and he shoved someone out of the way. I think he's a good driver and a good prospect for taking the torch when MS retires - but he better grow up a HELL of a lot and SOON.

14. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Passion is not the same thing as wraith.

But everyway, I think this incident doesn´t deserve so much attention, guys!

15. Ferrari_co_uk

Ferrari_co_uk Karting

Apr 16, 2003
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Langfield
    So why was he disqualified from the '97 World Championship?

He was a double world champion by then...

Best
    Mark

16. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Current top three? Seen this?

Pos Constructor Points

1 Ferrari 33

2 Williams-BMW 17

3 Renault 14

4 BAR-Honda 9

5 McLaren-Mercedes 4

6 Sauber-Petronas 1

17. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess

You are missing nothing. All i am trying to say is that Kimi needs to grow up and put his anger under control. The key to being sucessful in racing, in the eys of your sponsors, and in the eyes of your fans is to control it.

when i raced motocross i forgot to turn the fuel valve on my bike. I got 150 feet out of the gate and the bike died. Now i puled out my anger (Anger at myself ) and managed to come from way behind and turn in a good finish of 3rd for the moto. Was i riding over my head? NO i was just pushing myself a little bit over the comfort level.

Look at Alonso. he used his anger for a mistake in qualifying turned it into an outstanding start and a great finish. That is the key to being sucessful in racing turning on the anger whne you are inside the car but still using your head. then the second you get out of the car the anger is gone.

A girl that i went out with for a while that was a Psych. major i think summed it up the best. "when you put your helmet on and climb onto your bike, You end up in a different world. One where you pud danger out of your mind you become angry in acontrolled fashion with a goal of victory. Once you get off the bike and take the helmet off you become the same person i knew before with less stress to boot." Until she had told me that i never realised what was happening after she said that i learned that by controlling my anger further ehrn i was off the bike the faster i could ride on the bike.

I feel that if Kimi shuts down his anger the second his car comes to a halt and he unbuckles the belts he can hold that anger in and use it for a better result in the next race.

JMHO

Rob

18. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    HA HA, that's a good one Mitch! LOL

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    All very excellent and TRUE points.

20. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I don't get some of the responses here. Its not about how much he's being paid or how bad his day was...

So, you walk out of a restaurant to see your Ferrari has been keyed... you're pissed beyond belief... you turn to head back into the restaurant to call the police... the host sees you coming and goes to open the door for you... but not realizing you're pissed, is moving too slowly and actually his efforts end up slowing you down... in your pissed off state you slug/shove him out of the way.

Is that okay? Or is your butt headed to jail for assault and battery?

I'm sorry, but I don't care how pissed Kimi boy was about his race being cut short... it doesn't justify hitting somebody... even if they were doing their job poorly... a smart-ass remark might be overlooked in that situation... he is human... but violence (even mild) on an innocent isn't appropriate for any adult. Period.

Now add in that he is a public figure representing multiple companies and a role model... Kimi doesn't appear to be up to the responsibilities he's been handed.

21. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I meant Ferrari, Williams or McLaren. He doesn't seem to drive the car hard or fast for any long period of time. If he was in any other car he would be shuffled around amon ghte lower case teams. I think the West team has 2 Davids driving for them.

22. Omerta

Omerta Formula Junior

Jan 10, 2004
    I like Kimi, but, like you said, with that attitude and lack of control, he doesnt have a chance at winning a WC, nor does he deserve it. I lost a lot of respect for him when I saw this stint, and he needs to be penalized for it. When his engine went (or radiator, or whatever they figure it was), I felt real bad for him. 2nd race in a row, and with Ferrari's awesome car, I'd bet my last dollar that he wont win the WC this year. So, I can understand why he was so pissed. But to shove a man that is there to help you and save your life if the situation permits, that is just unacceptable. Better luck next year Ice Man.

23. Kharma Police

Kharma Police Rookie

Dec 4, 2003
    Forest Hill, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    This is not the humorless Master Raikonnen's first display.

I remember when both he and Jean Alesi were out of a race for unrelated reasons. They were trackside taking off thier gloves, balaclava's etc. and Alesi was talking to Kimi. I remember Kimi giving Jean a disinterested look, saying nothing and walking away. Of course I wasn't "there" but I sure got the impression that he dis'ed one of the best liked drivers on the grid.

The McLarens suck and Kimi's on board long term. They deserve each other. It would be hilarious to see David Coulthard passing Kimi in a Williams or Jaguar next year. (not that he deserves the ride).

24. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Absolutely hilarious ... but about as likely as Elle Macpherson walking into my work office, dropping off an overcoat to reveal that she is completely naked, and ... ;) ... er, I'll stop there.

Pete

25. owsi

owsi Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I figured that was what you meant. My post was really more to point out that McClaren are is serious trouble this year so far.