FerrariChat.com welcomes Norwood Performance as newest sponsor... | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com welcomes Norwood Performance as newest sponsor...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'm really pleased to have Norwood Performance onboard. Please give them a FerrariChat.com welcome. They have a great website that will blow your mind all the performance upgrades they can handle along with the usual service and PPI stuff. This company is Ferrari history! James Patterson has taken care of me from the first Ferrari I ever drove, a white 308 QV that he PPI'd and said "stay clear". He then took my first Ferrari 3 years ago and did the 30k at the best prices around. Ask anyone in the Texas section and beyond their experience with James and Norwood Performance yourself.

"At Norwood Performance we have specialized in Ferrari service for over twenty years and are a recognized leader in performance engine modifications.**We feature turbo and fuel injection systems, custom engine rebuilds, machine shop services,*a full line of performance engine*components and engine building tools as well as*full maintenance and services facilities for all Ferrari models. http://www.norwoodperformance.com"

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Awesome! They do custom minor work to Ferraris as well no? Maybe together with them I can get my custom header and prehaps intake made.... :)

Rob, you should ask some of the people from Norwood to visit the board and lend their experitise sometime. That would be even better!

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    James and Mike do visit FerrariChat.com, unfortunately for us, but fortunately for them they are extremely busy keeping up with the work. Visit their site and you can email Mike any questions you may have.

jimpo1 likes this.
  4. 79Red308GTS

79Red308GTS Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Mac
    Agreed - James and Norwood are the best! James checked out the way-old Norwood modified distributor I pulled off of my carbureted 308GTS and brought in to him, and he gave me sound advice about how to fix it. The 308 now runs great and passes the Texas emissions tests without a problem. Here's to that sucking sound than only a well-tuned carburetted 8 or 12 cylinder Ferrari emits at full throttle! OK, fuel injection/engine management systems improve fuel economy and reduce emissions, but for us old guys the sound of that fuel/air mixture flowing through the venturis of multiple Weber carbs is indeed music.

5. rivee

rivee F1 Rookie

Jan 20, 2002
    Nowhere important, USA
    Full Name:
    John
    I was in Dallas last year at this time and looked up Norwood's in the phone book. I had some extra time so I figured I'd go by and check them out. After driving around for 45 minutes I finally walked in the door. I was greeted by Mike. I told him I was just killing time, but had a few questions.

He was very pleasant in his demeanor as he walked me around the shop looking (actually drooling) at some of their projects. I was interested in a turbo setup someday, and he proceded to educate me in the right setup.

I was throughly impressed with their setup. I've never seen so much polished stainless steel in one place. What a sight to see Ferrari after Ferrari in there getting modified with turbos and various other repairs.

When I left there I didn't feel like I was a bother to them. I think they greet everybody with good manners and southern hospitality.

Highly recommend them for any/all repairs to your Fcar.

Now I have to figure how I can justify a turbocharger on my 308 and sell it to the wife............

greg512tr likes this.
  6. seschroeder

seschroeder Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2002
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Steve Schroeder
    After purchasing my 82 308 GTSi I decide NOT to do the 30,000 mile items (cam belts, etc.) myself. Rob Lay recommend Norwoods and I had the work done by them.
    James was GREAT!! Norwoods found an item I most surely would have missed, worn bearings on the engine driven cam drive pulleys. The vehicle was done when James said it would be, the price for the work was a agreed (no surprises) and has run great without a fault since. I would highly recommend Norwoods to anyone.

7. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I know James and Mike surf the site, they've known about some problems I've had before I could call and talk to them about it!

Welcome aboard guys.

8. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I noticed there were no mods listed for the 550.
    That may ease my temptation!

9. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    I try not to "me too" the board too much, but I can't allow this opportunity pass me by. The guys at Norwoods are no less than GREAT. It is indeed rare that you find such a group. James there knows exactly what he's doing. He is my clear best choice for support for my 348 Turbo. Mike has continually proven to be very conscientious and when he tells you he's going to do something, you can accept it as gospel. As far as their mods go, well, all that is required is a single ride in my Norwood 348 Twin Turbo and you'll be sold. They make Ferraris run like they should have run from the factory- FAST!

10. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi all just been on the norwood performance web site and its by far the best ive ever seen,nice clean workshops and they show it for all to see well done norwood
    DALE.

11. MrM@

MrM@ Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Just tell her you need a new one as the old one has broken!!

Believe it or not this worked on my wife when I got NoZ!!!!

12. RicersRule

RicersRule Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003