Maranello announce reduced servicing costs------------ | FerrariChat

Maranello announce reduced servicing costs------------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  2. robinh

robinh Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, Engl
    Full Name:
    Robin
    Still not cheap though. I don't use Maranello so wonder what they normally charge and why does servicing on a 'in warrenty' car not qualify?

3. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Tony

They have has those 355 prices out for some time now. Suspect the 360 pricing is new and lower !

4. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I've used Maranellos sine I first bought my car. I am reasonably happy but for next service I want to look at other authorised dealer prices. Clearly the cost is an issue and this announcement is really good news.

Does anyone have details of other dealer prices.Are they very different ?

5. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I've been using Graypaul for the last few years. They've been significantly lower than Maranellos for all this time, and not much more than independents. They also operate their delivery and collection service which means you have a truck collect and return your car. You effectively pay only for the fuel for this. Maranellos got rid of their transporter a couple of years ago and told me this was becuase it cost them >£100K per annum to run. They send up a driver now.

If they'd been better than anyone else, I wouldn't have minded sticking with Maranellos, but the last time I reviewed it, Graypaul were as good, if not better, and for around half the price.

Kevin

6. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    What is the hourly labour rate at Maranellos?

I've just been to an independant who charges £63.50 plus vat. Is is just me or is that a lot for an independant? At that rate it works out about the same as Maranellos price for the belt service.

7. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I think Maranellos is £85 +VAT. Also HR OWEN is the same. However with this fixed price servicing this is less important unless there is more work to be done.

I'll definitely give Graypauls a ring for tnext service. Thanks Kevin

Steve, £63 p/h also sounds expensive to me for an independent. I take my 308 to QV (who I find excellent) and I think they are about £45 or so.

8. 355fiorano

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I think Maranellos is £85 +VAT. Also HR OWEN is the same. However with this fixed price servicing this is less important unless there is more work to be done.

I'll definitely give Graypauls a ring for tnext service. Thanks Kevin

Steve, £63 p/h also sounds expensive to me for an independent. I take my 308 to QV (who I find excellent) and I think they are about £45 or so.

9. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    The hourly rate is almost irrelevant, it's the total bill compared to the job that counts. You are either comfortable with that equation or you're not.

£100/hr vs. £45/hr is neither here nor there.

I know that there are 'standard hours' for each job but many 'service agents' have their own ethos about how they go about extracting money from you. As I say, you can only judge when you get the final bill......

plus whether it blows up 50 miles later......

10. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    I use an independent (some staff were from maranellos etc), they charge 65 per hour. I think this is about standard for experienced dedicated ferrari independents from what I've seen, now compare this to 100 per hour for Maranellos!

I just spend 4,000 fixing and replacing lots of SIMPLE things on my 355 (33 hours within that), so my bill is 4K rather than 5K.