"Global Day of Action Rally" San Francisco March 20th | FerrariChat

"Global Day of Action Rally" San Francisco March 20th

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kds, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

#1 Kds, Mar 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    http://users.lmi.net/zombie/sf_rally_march_20_2004/

What this link shows is a photo documentary shot by an individual who was at this Saturday's "peace" rally in San Francisco.

Interesting stuff to say the least..................

People here may remember a similiar scenario a few months back where Dave....aka "Maranelloman" posted one picture from a similiar protest which was heartily derided by a certain poster as being either a setup, photoshop job or not having existed at all.

Well.....all I can say is that the beauty of democracy is that these people are free to let us know what they think and who they support........it helps us make up our minds about the candidates.

Who would OBL vote for ?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    come on art, is that you behind that sign? :)

3. ART360

ART360 Guest

Anyone care to bet the sign is a fraud? We all saw the one that was posted before which was: "We support the troops, when the shoot their officers" Turns out it was a fraud, I didn't see one mention of this in the SF Chronicle, not one, and if it had been present, there would have been a comment, and a picture of same in the Chronicle. There wasn't. Another fraud by the right. Come on guys, isn't there something better to do than to make up stuff that isn't true?

Art

4. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Sometimes the price of a free society is putting up with absolute idiots. I see a lot of it here but San Fran attracts way more than "The People's Republic of Boulder."

5. ART360

ART360 Guest

Ross:

I asked the Chronicle report if she'd seen this. I'll let you know when I get a response.

Art

6. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
  7. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Just out of curiosity, how are gay people treated in some of these oppressed countries?

8. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    I'd be willing to bet that homosexuality is much more accepted in Israel than in Palestine....

9. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It's not an issue in Palestine, for no one there is gay.........

10. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Go to the link Art. It would be a LOT of work to fake all that. Better yet visit San Fran at talk to some of these fruitcakes. They're as real as the miserable world they're asking for might be if they keep at it.

11. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    true or not, so glad i don't live in san freakcisco. feel sorry for my sister for even being as close as sehe is.

12. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    I noticed that there's really only two kinds of people in those photos:

-Middle Aged people who probably protested Vietnam, and did so many drugs in the 60s/70s that their mental capacities have been permanently reduced

-Young people who have no clue about how the world works and are probably only there because liberalism is "cool"

13. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

And have done so many drugs recently that their mental capacities have been perminently reduced.

14. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Misled young people / college students are bad. Professors are worse.

Life seems so much simpler when you are completely removed from it.

15. mbmike

mbmike Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    True, true!

16. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    One of my favorite cartoons, seems appropiate :)

17. NY Joe 360

NY Joe 360 Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    New York
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well, since the USA is so bad, I suggest those protestors move to the countries that we have "corrupted."

If I had seen that guy holding the "NY BETTER WITHOUT THE WTC" sign, I woulda beat the fu-ck out of him with my bare hands. Wish he'd try holding up on sign like that in New York, wouldn't last five seconds. Or better yet.. why not move to the middle east.

Surely he'd be welcome in Saddam's Iraq.. oh wait.. even *thinking* about protesting fearless leader means you'd disappear in the night. Gay in Saudi Arabia? Stoned to death on live national TV.

Hmm "USA OUT OF KOREA." I guess we should just let good ol' North Korea takeover then, eh? It's such a delight to live under the rule of Kim Jong Il. USA just makes him out to be such a villian, none of it is really true. All those millions of dead/starved/tortured are a conspiracy to subvert his great rule.

San Fran liberals make me sick. All the more reason I hope GW Bush wins over Kerry.

I can't even stomach the thought of these scumbucket protestors smiling at the "KERRY WINS" headline, lord forbid it happen.

18. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Well said. Living in the south bay, this is covered on the news, of course from the liberal Kalifornia stand point, and it is sick! What happened to all media being "Fair and Balanced" Art, your SF chronicle friend may say none of those signs were up or out, but, tell that to two of my friends who happened upon this protest and were sickened by what they saw.

I love the area I live in, I just dislike the views shared by most, as they are anti-productive.

19. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    whart, among the many types of people that alqaeda don't like, are gays. they actively expunge them from their own areas. they also advocate the essential slavery of women.
    i wonder if any of these protesters realize that?

20. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    FU@K!!!!! I just typed out a gigantic response to this, and clicked back by mistake and had it deleted. Oh well, I'll try again.

Here's the gist. I'm not typing it all out again. Basically, these people don't realize that they are being contradictory, or they ignore it.

I've taken these course all throughout college as a liberal arts major - it reaches into every discipline. Liberals argue "cultural relativism" which means that all points of view are equally valid and that all truth is relative to the individual and his or her environment. In other words, to make a long story short, we can't go into some other country and tell them that what they are doing is wrong, immoral, etc., because that would merely be an imposition of our "Western" values on them. Since there's no universal truths, we can't do this. By the way, don't think these are radical extremeists within each department - this is accepted, and this is what students are taught in college.

The problem is that all these people who believe this are also hardcore feminists, Marxists, etc., they also believe that men and women are inherently equal. So, how do you say, for example, (do you all remember this case, in which an African woman was going to be stoned for adultery?), how do you say, "Listen, you guys can't stone her, because it's just wrong." After all, that's their custom. Who are we to say it's wrong? I confronted my Anthropology of Law Professor about this, and she had no response. I said, "In fact, how is their room for ANY activism when you have a cultural relativist ideology?" She didn't really have an answer for that either. She said, "That's a problem..."

These people live in an ivory tower and can't even figure out their own thoughts.

21. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Oh come on! We've got a presidential race a'brewin! What else does anyone expect?

DL

22. ART360

ART360 Guest

The posts amaze me. The picture is probably a fake, yet everybody gets worked up over it. I'd be a lot more concerned about the comments by Clarke about our fearless leader. If what he says is true, we've got real trouble here. Too bad no one here realizes that if true, the deception cost lives, probably put our economy in the tank for the next 10 years, and lost whatever prestige we may have had. Reminds me of the Indians who sold manhatten for $17.00 worth of jewelry, went for the flash, lost sight of reality. So be it.

Art

23. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Why not de-corrupt the country we currently live in...............

It is the christian thiing to do..................

24. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    In the early 1600s, the American Indians sold an island, now called Manhattan in New York, for beads and trinkets worth about $16. Since Manhattan real estate is now some of the most expensive in the world, it would seem at first glance that the American Indians made a terrible deal. However, had the American Indians sold their beads and trinkets and invested the $16 in a bank with 8 percent compounded annual interest, not only would they have enough money to buy back all the real estate in Manhattan, they would still have several hundred million dollars left over.

Reality sucks, doesn't it Art?

25. ART360

ART360 Guest

You couldn't get 8% all that time, 3% is probably more accurate. The point is they got sold on some flashy stuff, and traded some real value for it. Just like now. good rebuttal though, too bad not in this world however.

Art