Don L. Leasing | FerrariChat

Don L. Leasing

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Robin, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    What's the story on Don L. Leasing? I searched the archives of the current and old boards and only found one guy who said he'd heard they have issues, but I could have sworn I've heard lots of negative things about them. Something about selling rentals and flood cars?

They have a pair of 355B's right now at ridiculous prices... 95 silver/blue for 69k and a 98 F1 yellow/black for 79k. The weird thing is that both have sports seats with colored inserts, which makes me think they redid the interiors (flood, fire?) Just curious to know if they're one of the shady FL dealers everyone talks about.

-R

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
  3. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Weird, just saw that thread and was going to close this one out. Oddly enough, you were the one I found on the old board with the exact same comment. Thanks for the heads up. I had no plans of buying from them, but was just wondering if anyone knew the story on the cars they had...

-R

4. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California

Robin, that Supra in your avatar looks just like the one in my garage :)

-DC

5. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    pre purchase inspection

6. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    I sure hope it's not the same one! I have a picture at work of what the car looked like after my instructor said "here, lemme show you the right way through turn 3" and grabbed my steering wheel at 90mph in a tight left at Summit Point Raceway... hello cement wall! Baltic blue is my favorite color on that car though.. If I could find another one in good shape I'd grab one for a daily driver after I get a 355.

-R

7. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Thanks.

8. Forza1

Forza1 Formula Junior

Mar 20, 2004
    California
    Robin, Sad to read that. Hopefully he paid for it. I'm actually going to put mine up for sale here in the next couple weeks. It's not baltic blue though, it's black.

email: [email protected]

-DC

9. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    a good leasing company is Putnum. Contact Kim Pemberton in Naples. I can give you his number. He will find you exactly the lease you want. Tell him Martin sent you and you will get above the First Class Service he will provide everybody.

Martin

10. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks Martin, I've been thinking about using either Putnam for a lease or Peoplefirst.com for financing. Sounds like Putnam lets you customize the lease terms... any idea how flexible they really are? Using the calcutor on their website, I can set a purchase price of 90k with a residual of 70k and only pay like $200/month ;) I'm sure they'd hang up on me though if I tried that. I wouldn't mind giving Kim a call though to get some more info. What's that number?

-R