How to Order | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    How do you order a new Ferrai? Do you have to go to a dealership and get put on a waiting list?

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    simple answer is yes. Where else would you order a new Ferrari?

3. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Well, that's if the dealer actually has a waiting list and is willing to put you on.

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Pretty much.

5. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Or even a Ferrai :)

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Interesting question actually arises this thread, then, which is: do many people buy new Ferraris without FIRST having owned a used Ferrari? You may not have any credibility or be given the time of day unless they know you already own or have owned one.

I (a 20-year old) called a dealer once to ask about a car they had available. Basically I was going to go with my dad, an ex-355 owner known by the dealer, but he was busy and wanted me to call. So, I called. I wanted to set up a test-drive - the whole nine yards because we were interested. The guy was aloof, said, "yeah, come down." I hadn't "identified" myself, I merely said that I was interested in the car. So, we get down there, and absolutely nothing is set up, the car isn't ready to be seen or driven or anything. Why? Because I sounded young and they didn't "know" me. But once they find out it was my dad, who they know has owned in the past, the whole story changes. I think this is, in part, due to the fact that many come to dealerships just to see the cars, almost like a museum, and there aren't going to waste their time with just anyone. The fact remains that it's kind of a snobby fraternity...

7. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    You make a good point. When I bought my 360, I was 26. I went down to FoH and I had $100,000 with me. They had a 360 F1 Coupe for sale and went to go look at it. I popped up and said 'Can I look at this car' and they scanned my background and saw that I owned an '88 Honda Civic. They were like get real. So I went to my car and showed them my money and they were ready to do business. Then, I showed them my middle finger and walked off. I went to Post Oak where I gladly purchased a Ferrari.

8. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

You drove up with 100k in cash?

9. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Yep. Us Italians(or just me)dont like to pay high monthly car notes.

10. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    HAHAHA
    now that is the funniest thing I have read in weeks HAHAHA

100k in cash!!! If this is true you sir are the biggest idiot on the face of the earth... Dealers are NOT going to take Cash like that unless you have some way of proving where it came from. Money laundering rules and all that.

If you are telling the truth well hey you just dropped your wallet

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You rock, man!

Let me know next time you're on Boliver! ;)

12. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Oh no! You're wrong! Writerguy.

LOTS of "tourists" from south of the border bring cash!

It's reported properly by FoH, I'm sure! ;)

They leave again for Mexico City, leaving only smashed up Challenge cars as momentos.

Speedy"Park 'em out back, by the Enzo"308

13. scycle2020

scycle2020 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2004
    potomac
    if the model you are interested in is not currently avaible, which none are at this time, the a 10k deposit is required to be put o the waitiing list... you do not get interest on this money, fna does!

14. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    One time I got pulled over with $50,000 in cash and the cop was like 'Drug money? You teenaged punk.' I was like 'DUDE! Im 28.' And they had to do this background check and I had to talk to FBI agents and so finally then found out im not a drug lord. I get it from my daddy...well, I got help from my dad. But I always hide my money in my cars so no one knows where it is...which is the point of hiding money.

One time a Post Oak, I handed the guy a payment of $20,000 and he asked me if he should wash his hands. I didnt reply, instead I gave a convincingly gay smile and he just sat there.

Anyways, I carry a lot of money and I like Ferraris, and I want a new 360.

If anyone knows where I can get a 360 Challenge Stradale let me know.

15. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Call Tyler Dean at Lake Forest Sportscars. They have black CS and it's gorgeous. I just purchased a 360 Spider from them.

16. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    The red one?

Is there any yellow or tdf blue ones in the US?

17. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    what the heck are you talking about??
    Of course dealer can take 100k cash to sell you a car, just that they have to file with IRS, taht's all. They can take it, but they have to report it.

18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    why don't you "hide it" in a bank? why do you need to have it as cash?

anyway, yes, I have seen some Stradales for sale. Have a look around, they'll probably be asing $220,000 or so.

19. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Not judging you but that's alot of money to have laying around in cash- why not put it in the bank and collect interest on it?

20. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    come on ppl, stop assuming he is an idiot.
    seriously, you guys really think he never heard of bank in his life before?? if it is perfectly fine to put those money in a bank, i am sure it would have been in the bank already. if he is not keeping it in the bank, he must have reason not to.

21. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    exactly... and I think people are guessing at the reason...

whatever, I'm not judging. I think 6speedonline is full of...well, people who make their money in not so evident ways. There was an off topic thread about what the best handgun was... (some guy said a glock did all he needed it to do) haha

22. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Exactly. Of course I keep my money in a bank, but im a contract worker and I get paid in full, which means I am responsible for my own taxes. Im not saying I dont pay my taxes, but sometimes I slip.
    Having a reason to not keep it in a bank, well I keep a lot of my money at home because I work on reaction. If im hungry, I'll go eat where ever I want.
    If I want to go karting, I will. If I want to **** off, I will.

Anyways, back to the post. I know where a few Stradales are. I might go up to FoH today. Any recommendation on workers? I look a little different since two years ago, and I wont have $100,000 with me.

23. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Probably not the best thing to put in writing..

24. 512tr

512tr Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    montreal
    Full Name:
    tony
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

JMO!!!

25. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    He hides money in his car people, so now you know where to look! Haaa