Why I drive a 550 (108108). | FerrariChat

Why I drive a 550 (108108).

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Bart, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    My point of view. I drive daily what a NASCAR track should be, which is something able to handle a very high speed vehicle.

Of course, the first reason is I can monetary.

Nevertheless, the car.

It is the most beautiful vehicle I have ever seen. Beauty is subjective. Therefore, one cannot argue about beauty.

It holds the following three world records. The first two are the quickest 100 miles & 100 kilometers of any production car of the twentieth century. The last record I like the best. Most engines will over-heat and cook the oils at a substance maximum output. My nice 550 does not overheat at maximum speed. My 550’s maximum oil temperature is 461 degree at the maximum. The maximum speed I have not reach yet. Including a change of drivers and fueling, my sweet thing went a shade over 183 miles in an hour’s time. According to the FIA, my little thing was able to go farther in an hour then anything else last century.

Sure, some may have an ability to go ahead of me at certain speeds. After those numbers, I will pass you. Even off the line, a few production cars will beat me. Still only the new big brother Lambo will wave “Bye – bye”. Of course, that Italian thing has only been made in the third millennium by some Germans.

The more I drive it, the better I like it. I have until the beginning of May to SMOG my car at a test station and do the 45,000 miles physical to my beast.

My 550 is the best car I have ever seen in Southern California.

Never drive less than 12 cylinders

2. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Bart,

Gee I'm feeling for your wife ... she must be getting lonelier and lonelier ;)

Glad you are having fun, but I suggest you buy her some flowers on the way home from work today ... and I do not mean your 550 :D

Pete

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Very moving, as I can relate, but PLEASE do not ever use the names NASCAR and 550 Maranello in the same post again!

DL

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The Murcielago holds the records you speak of, and i will pass you, in a Diablo at any speed...easily.

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I personally would still rather have the 550 sir.

6. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Allan, I think the following quote was a reference to what you state regarding the Murcie...your car is another story, and I have nothing bad to say about that. The Diablo is my first love.

Bart, this past weekend I took a little trip with the 550, long drive. After this adventure, I have decided that the 550 is the greatest car ever made, ever. Cheers!

7. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    FOFLMAO!! I wish I had said that!

Rick

8. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    The ZR1 Corvette set all the FIA endurance records up to 24 hours. Ten years later the one hour and a few others were broken by the 550. When did the Murcielgo break the 550's mark? WHat was the average speeds and for how long?

Rick

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    http://www.lamborghiniregistry.com/News/Record.html

10. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
  11. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Allan,
    I am not exactly new here on the forum, and I have came across many of your posts fairly often. And perhaps this question had been asked already, but just out of pure curiousity here, why do you feel the need to play the role of a devil's advocate on almost every single chance you get? Everytime someone makes a comment on a Ferrari, you seem to have the need to follow it up with a "Lamborghini is better" sort of post. And you have been, more often than not, extremly rude and cruel to some or fellow members on this forum. Yes, it is a public forum and anyone can post whatever they want here within reason, but you appears to be a little more on the excessive side of things from my point of view.

12. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I agree with you. I mentioned this to Allan before. He should be on his ALLANLAMBO chat. Rreminder that this is FERRARI CHAT

13. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    c'mon guys. don't let allan get under your skin. i think rob just pays him to keep everybody on their toes ;)

what would life be like without some healthy competition, huh?

viva ferrari!
    viva lamborghini!
    viva ferrarichat!

doody!

14. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    My Gwagen has the record for the fastest time from my driveway to the grocery store up the street. That means about as much to me as the record you are talking about. Oh, and it didn't overheat either!

15. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Yeah, I feel my G (SWB) is faster than my 911 I used to have

16. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Last time I checked, the Murci wasn't being produced in the twentieth century!!!!

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    try not get your panties ruffled so early in the game.

18. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    *LOL*
    Thank you for the concern but unlike you, I have absolutely no desire to wear women's undergarments. So not to worry, it is safe to say that you still have that market cornered.

Seriously tho, it is totally cool for you to not want to answer my question from the earlier post. And I don't know what kind of person you are outside of this community, but when you are here, you appear to really lack the understanding of what common decency is. And even know that some of the fellow members here were all cheering for you when you beat the Mustang the other night, I sincerely hope you realize that you and the Mustang owner are of the exact same breed. Good day :)

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I suggest you go through the search feature where you will find many of my posts indicating a love of Ferraris, just not all of them. I do feel however, that Ferrari hasnt had a decent car since the Ferrari 512TR. Do i redicule recent offerings? Yes i do. Boring bland and underperforming. Bring back the days of outlandish and fast cars, and ill be very happy.

As for Mustang owner and i being of the same breed, yes im well aware. We both have a Dancing Donkey on our hoods.

20. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    Allan,
    As I stated before, I have seen many of your posts here in the past and I do see where you are coming from, from time to time that is. And it is not so much as the content of your posts but has more to do with your delivery. Kind of like telling a joke, timing is everything. I happen to agree with you on your point of view on the recent Ferraris of the post 512M era, they are all great cars, but I am just not sure if they are better Ferraris, but that is an entirely different topic on its own and it is my opinion and my POV only. As you and I both know that some people even think that any post Daytona Ferraris are worthless. On the same token, I happen to feel that Lamborghini has never been the same since the days of the Countach as I find the stylings of the Diablo, Murci and Gallardos are nothing revolutionary but a sad attempt to re-vitalize an old Berton design. I am not saying this because you have a Diablo and in no way am I trying to get on your nerve by saying so, I wouldn't try to insult your intellegence like this. Anyway, this is an open forum and you are perfectly free to express whatever you want. I only hope you do realize that when it comes to Ferraris, especially our fellow members here on this FerrariChat forum, the topic can be extremly personal. In situations such as this, a little sensitivity wouldn't hurt. Take my posts anyway you want, but please do not read into them too much, they are what they are, started as a mere question, nothing more. If you should chose to reply, I would like to keep our exchanges in a civilized and dignified manner as much as possible if you will. Good day.

21. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    I like the car what little I have driven mine....
    Difficult to sell a Yellow one ,that I can tell you!

22. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Bart, if your oil temp runs 461 degrees, something is wrong ! In fact, I did not know an oil temp gauge even went that high ?

23. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Technicality, schmecknicality. Faster is faster.

24. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    In the end, the 550/575 is a mediocre performing vehicle. a new 575 will get pummeled by a 10 year old Diablo, all day long.

On top of that, Porsche TT's, Vipers and Z06's will ruin a 550/575 owners day also.

25. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick

i disagree, but im in school and i cant type a long post rite now, but i felt i had to get that out there