Tutto Italiano | FerrariChat

Tutto Italiano

Discussion in 'New England' started by abarthracer, Mar 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. abarthracer

abarthracer Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Falmouth, Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    david S.
    What info can you guys share about this years show at MOT. I think I remember receiving something about it being in the later part of May. Has anyone received any applications yet? Thanks
    David

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
  3. nzo4re

nzo4re Karting

Mar 13, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Lassen
    I was invited to a PR event to promote Tutto Italiano at the Lars Anderson Museum a week ago Saturaday. They had an ex-John Surtees 1962 250 GTO on exhibit...Awesome!!

Plans are still being worked, but this year the event is being expanded to two days. There will be a Saturday afternoon "drive" followed by cocktails and dinner, perhaps in Boston, roping off the street to park the cars (excuse me; pahk the cahs) for display.

Sunday would be as always, but you must pre-register if you want to display on the lawn. Drive ups will be relegated to another (unspecified at this time) area or not accepted. The official registration forms have not been sent out yet...Should be soon though.

The people at Lars Anderson Museum are looking for one more corporate sponsor, so if one you big shots want to see your company's name in lights, or if you know someone that would like to sell italian car-related merchandise, contact Bruce G. Ledoux at [email protected]

4. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    i just found out about the larz anderson museum shows last year. missed tutto italiano. i cant wait to go this year. anyone have a rough estimate of how many cars usually go and what kinds? is it mostly ferraris?

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    it's "all italian" as the name suggests. big fiat turnout. some detomasos. some lambos etc. etc.

but it's primarily a ferrari show at the end of the day.

you missed nothing in 2003 'cuz it rained like a banshee. there was an enzo inside without a crowd around it, which was pretty much the highlight.

2002 was super. TONS of cars - i don't know the number, but the whole lower lawn to the right of the driveway was packed with mostly f-cars and the lawn to the left was packed iwth other italian cars.

maybe 100 ferraris? i dunno - it was a lot.

let's hope for good weather this year.

doody.

6. nzo4re

nzo4re Karting

Mar 13, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Lassen
    Doody's Right...A good year (that's one w/o rain) will have about 200 cars - half of them Ferraris- and about 3500 spectators.

7. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Just to ditto Doody and Tom, it'll be huge - typically 80-120 Ferraris, parked on the main lawn, with "satellite" areas on the other side of the main drive devoted to Fiats, Alfa Romeos, Lancias, and the occasional DeTomaso, Lamborghini, Maserati and at least one "Maserati TC by Chrysler". Usually a few Ducatis, Bimotas, Moto Guzzis and Aprilias show up too. Total number of cars is probably 150-200, with thousands of spectators wandering about.

Ferrari of New England is the primary sponsor, and will have a hospitality tent for customers and friends.

Here's the update - as alluded to earlier, there will be stuff happening on the day before (Saturday) Tutto - I'm working on putting together a rally in Central Massachusetts, departing at lunchtime from sponsor KTR in Ayer and bombing around the Quabbin. We'll take a break, then have a cocktail party, then a parade to a nice dinner. I'm working on finalizing a location now, and also arranging for a block of rooms at a local hotel for people attending from other parts of the Northeast.

We're working on making this the biggest, best and most fun Tutto Italiano ever!

Oh, and don't forget - the weekend prior to Tutto will the third annual, legendary NH Weekend Ramble/Rally/Invasion/Lollapalooza - more good food, fine libations, beautiful scenery, luxurious lodging and FRIGGIN' AWESOME ROADS WITH NO TRAFFIC!!! 20-25 Ferraris bombing through the White Mountains? :) :)

vty,

--Dennis

8. Tom S

Tom S Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2003
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Thomas Saupe
    Dennis,

How soon will registration forms be available? Is FCA sending them out or should I call Lars Anderson? we should e on the list from the last two years.

Tom

9. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    All FCA members will get a copy of Horse Tales with the form included in it. Also, I'll post info here when it's finalized (soon!), with an online registration option!

vty,

--Dennis