Should have to take a I.Q. test to own a Ferrari | FerrariChat

Should have to take a I.Q. test to own a Ferrari

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Mojo, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Just seen a Wycleff video with his 360 motoring around on the river like a boat. And thats just the beginning, there are so many stupid rich people who don't know anything about Ferrari's or really anything for that matter, that buy these cars and pimp them out. Mostly rappers. maybe they should have an I. Q. test to buy one. Where you don't have to be that smart to buy one, but just not a dumb ass.
    If your a dumb ass don't get upset, Im just kidding. Not really.

2. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Some people (yours included) think that folks should have to pass an IQ test to post on Ferrari Chat but that is a different matter.

Funny story told to me by one of my sales buddies at Ferrari of Washington back in the late 90's.

One of the AOL'er walks in and says "I want to buy a Ferrari". Salesman says which model? AOL'er says his buddy just got one of those (points to a 355 Spyder). Now remember this is when there was a 1 year waiting list for the 355 Spyder.

Salesman says sorry there is a 1 year wait on that car but I have this very nice 92 F40 over there. AOL'er says "nope I don't want anything used or that old."

AOL'er agress that he would buy a 355 Spyder from a customer if it had less than 1000 miles on it and indicated he didn't care what it cost.

Well he ended up buying one from an FOW customer for the AOL'er.

Took deliver and the salesguy wanted to explain all the features of the car but the AOL'er says "no thanks I am in a hurry I'll just read the manual tonight"

Next day the salesman gets a call from the AOL'er who is in the AOL parking lot. AOL'er says "I am here with my buddies and they want to see the engine but I can't get the front hood up it's stuck"

Salesman laughed so hard he had to hang up and call back 5 minutes later.

Urban legend/myth or true I don't know but the story went around FOW for years.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23
    www.flatoutracing.net

3. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    On a moist towelette from Hooters, "Artificial intelligence is no replacement for natural stupidity."

4. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Mojo,

Have faith. You know the old saying, "A fool and his money are soon seperated" or something to that effect. :)

5. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Why does it matter how people spend their money? The fact is, Ferrari will still produce a limited number of cars, and if some people buy them and crap them out, well, then, I guess it just makes all the non-crapped out ones that much more rare.

The guy has money, let him spend it how he wants. Big deal if he pimps out an F-car. Why does it matter to you so much?

6. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York
    Wyclef has a pretty impressive stable; Pagani, Mac F1, Gullwing, etc. I've heard him talk about his cars, and he does seem to be a genuine enthusiast.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Book Smart,all too often = No common sense,and visa,versa.(Confucious 2003 A.D.) Just about ANYBODY can learn something from a book. But,if they have no common sense,( Nobody told ME that the ice was slippery! Nobody told ME that the Coffee was Hot!, Nobody told ME that the sudden stop at the bottom of a fall would hurt!,Etc...Etc...Etc...) it wont do them one bit of good. I know TOO many people that have pieces of paper that "claim" that they are smart,yet,they are really dumbasses. You can even "train" an animal to do things,but,if they don't know any better,they'll still chase a squirrel into moving traffic,and get hit by a car. And,having alot of money DOES NOT make up for stupidity...just costs a lot more! :)

8. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Ten years ago, I bought my first Ferrari, an '85 308QV. I nearly made the payment each month. I'd probably like to see that scenario (me when I bought mine) Vs a very wealthy person with a new Enzo. I had the passion to suck up every mile with enjoyment while dusting it off after every ride and keeping it out of the rain. I appreciated what driving that marque meant, unlike many that may own one who drop their cigar ashes on the passenger side carpet and are too ignorant to spell Ferrari correctly!

9. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#9 maranelloman, Nov 18, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    "a I.Q. test"???

Too funny!!! Can you taste the irony?

I'm with Jon Kofod on this--give "AN" I.Q. test to post here. Mojo, you're first...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Funny how some people agree knowing I am just having some fun, And really don't care. Just something to laugh at.
    And others get upset about it. Lighten up, I though it would be a fun topic.

11. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    I'd rather see them give an IQ test to get out of the country. Maybe it could be on the passport application.