Red 1/18 Enzo discontinued | FerrariChat

Red 1/18 Enzo discontinued

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by jimpo1, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    www.towerhobbies.com says the 1/18 Mattel Enzo in red has been discontinued. If you need one, get it fast!

2. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    By the way, I have a $20 off coupon from that site if anybody wants to use it. One use per customer, must spend $50. That's 2 1/18 models, net price about $16/each plus shipping. Send me a PM with your email address if you want the coupon.

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i didn't see anything on there... What does the article say...? Does it say why they're discontinuing it...?

4. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  5. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    I doubt that very much....it is a mistake.

j3nzo

6. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It just means that Towerhobbies isn't getting anymore in. There will still be plenty of red Enzo's available at other stores.

7. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    This may be chiming in late here but, as Mattel does there models, they will do x-number of each in whatever scheme/color they chose. Then, they stop making those and start a new scheme/color.
    To make this make better sense, the 1:18 Enzo was first released in Red, then Yellow, and now Black. They stopped production of the Red to produce Yellow and have stopped production of the Yellow to produce Black. What the next color is, I do not yet know, maybe a dark Blue (TDF), but Black will cease to start it, or they may stop producing 1:18 Enzo's all together. They did only do 1 color 288GTO and none since; thus the high going price for one today.