New Pic Of 360 M replacement--------------- | FerrariChat

New Pic Of 360 M replacement---------------

Discussion in '360/430' started by tonyh, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #1 tonyh, Mar 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Looks just like a 360.

Now, there was some rumor bouncing around that there would be a major increase on BHP of current 360, THEN, there would be a new model. So, there would basically be two new models on the horizon. Perhaps, this pic is just of the pumped up Modena? And does not look like what the new model will look like?

There has been much debate over whether they will release this beefed up 360 or just wait and go straight to the new model... I forget what was decided (if anything)

3. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Looks like a CS, that may be being used to test engine tweaks.

More power for the 360 and a new model later makes a fair bit of sense to me in many ways.

Release a "facelift" model that takes cues from the CS, give it more poke, tidy the handling up and take a bit more time developing the new car.

Must cost shed loads less doing it this way and with waiting lists what they are, I doubt they'd lose too many sales.

Even though I'm not the greatest fan of the way the 360 looks, in CS form it looks much better, and in either form it's better looking than the Toyallardo.

The big threat, as far as I'm concerned, will come from Aston Martin with the V8 Vantage. If its promise comes to bear, it has the looks, the sound, the pace and the aura to become the top dog in his market.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Isnt that the new Stradale look option availabe for the Modena ?

5. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The carbon fiber mirrors and the exhaust - but that's it, so far (in Canada anyway).

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #6 tonyh, Mar 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Looks like a Stradale derivative from the pic, I guess the 500hp is cool, wonder what other changes, if any, there will be. And price?

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Didnt they bump up the displacement for that vehicle?

9. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I guess they're testing the new engine in that car? There's no way thats the 360 replacement because they both look the same.

Maybe this car is another upgraded 360. (the 360 Evoluzione )?

10. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Here's part of the Autocar article;
    " The silver prototype is testing a new engine for the replacement car, due to be launced next year.It will run a development of the 4.3 -litre V8 in it's Maserati sister, the coupe.
    Exact details are sketchy , but Ferrari's engine development chief told Autocar that the engine will probably be between 4.3 and 4.5 litres in a Ferrari application.
    It will also breathe through 5 valves per cylinder instead of Maserati's 4 , while a flat plane crank will allow stratospheric engine speeds with insiders talking of a 9000rpm red line.
    Expect a power output of 470 BHP ."

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    470? Ferrari, if you're reading this, please do at least 485 hp. There will be plenty of other cars with more than that out there and while I don't buy a car for the hp, I don't want to spend 200k and get something that's underpowered relative to the competition.