Contract help... | FerrariChat

Contract help...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Jason W, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Anyone have any copies of contracts I could take a look at?

I'm working w/ a friend to buy a local grocery store and I want to get a contract w/ the owner to hold the store while I come up w/ the funds.

TAI,

Jason-

2. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    jason,

having purchased businesses and real estate, i can only tell you to use an attorney..

do you have any friends who are attorneys??... review any documents/contracts that are drafted with an attorney.....

3. dfratini

dfratini Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 31, 2003
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel Fratini
    I am not a lawyer so this is not job security, but I own my own business and have been in business for about 25 yrs. now. Hire a good lawyer familiar with buy / selling of property and busniesses.

You will spend a few hundred dollars up front but in the long run it will be money well spent.

My $0.02.

4. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Jason, everyone here is right. Find a good attorney who specializes in this stuff and find a good accountant. Together they can point out the things you have missed or not thought of. I've bought and sold a few properties and businesses over the years and my lawyer and my accountants fees seem really inexpensive compared to the savings I've gotten.

5. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Don't go it alone. I felt like a kid {18} when I asked questions about a business, but I knew what I was doing was safe and smart. These people don't care if you are a total moron! They are more like machines, spitting out information. Take the advice from them and make yourself a star!

6. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Trust me, get a good lawyer. You get what you pay for.