2004 USGP Indy | FerrariChat

2004 USGP Indy

Discussion in 'F1' started by beast, Mar 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Now i am psyched for the race Ferrari is on a tear, and look what showed up in the mail today my ticket for the race :) And the cool part is the ticket has the 03 winner and world champion MS with the Ferrari F2003-GA on it..

June is just still to far away... FORZA FERRARI

2. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
  3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Awww man, I always wanted to go. Maybe next year.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Just bought my plane ticket last night. I will be there Friday 9:30am until 10:30am Monday.

We'll try to put together the 3rd annual FerrariChat.com Indy gathering.

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I gotta get a ticket. I mean it is only like about 2 or 3 hours away from me.

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Most definatly i will be getting in Thursday Evening and flying out monday afternoon.

Last year dinner was awsome and i cannot wait for all of the Ferrari related events :) Hopefully it will not be pouring down like it did for this years concorso

Rob

7. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Impala,

go to www.fca-cic.org ot www.usgpindy.com for ticket info and ordering.

Rob

8. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    I got my ticket in the mail yesterday also. I loved the cover. I also got a hand bill saying if I stuck around till Monday I could drive my car on the track, the whole road coarse. I know they have done this in the past, but I was wondering if anybody did it and if so, did they let you get over 30 mph or do they clamp you down with a pace car?

9. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks, I was looking on ticketmaster.com for them but couldnt find any. It's so hard trying to decide where I want to sit Im kinda leaning towards or J stands so I could see them come go into a turn and still see them haul as$ coming from the straight.

10. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    Man, I can't believe they are all sold out of H already on imstix.com??

Hopefully FCA still has some left, I shot them an email to try to get some good seats. I guess you really do need to act quickly from one year to the next to get good seats.

NW Vista was good, but H is so much better!

11. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    On another note, how about some detailed maps before hand this year, huh Rob? :)

12. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I know I was wanting H and they were all gone.

13. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    I'm not sure if you've been there before (I think not?) But J is also pretty good. NW Vista gives you a good view but you are split right between the giant TV's which kind of sucks. There is one for the right half of J/H to view and one for the North Vista to view but the NW Vista is stuck staring at the sides.

You can still see some its just not as nice as a straight on view.

14. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've never been there so thanks for helping out. :)

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    While we're talking tickets, has anyone sat in the Terrace 6 or 10 seats? Any thoughts on them?

16. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Hey, I pulled the map from maps.yahoo.com and went right there. It was kinda a small side street off that main road. There were at least 3 that never found it. I can't take care of EVERYTHING for you. :)

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Terrace 6 seats are brand new and IMHO will be some of the best seats. Should be able to see the braking into turn 1 and then everything from there until turn 7. H is still probably the best, but Terrace 6 might be second best out of everything.

Last year the Paddock seats up top were really good because of the rain. All you could see live was the start, pits, and a little of the turn 1 braking. That stuff is really cool, but I would probably rather be watching the turn 1-7 action.

Tower Terrace are probably the worst seats in the entire place, we had those two years ago.

18. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    If you are a veteran, join the American Legion. It only cost $60. The Speedway 500 post is only a few steps from the track right and as an American Legion member you can park there for free. The food there is better than the track crap too and very reasonable as are the drinks. We hang out there when nothing is happening at the track.

19. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    One of the nice things about my seats is that i have a grate view of turns 1 - 7 plus i can still see the banzai braking moves into turn 1 plus the cars blasting down the back straight. Then i also have a excellent view of the video screen and scoring towers.

however i do want to take a look at terrace 6 durring practice and if i like them i might be interested in trying to upgrade for 05

20. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    My first year I sat on the straight and hated it. All you could see was them coming around the bend and down the straight. Really boring from my perspective at least.

Thankfully FCAIC still has tickets left and I got some good ones in H.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    These were our seats last year...

22. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Here are a couple of views from my seats in the north vista stand. the section is where the N Vista butts up against the NW Vista and is about 7 rows from the top of the stands.

23. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c

i'll be getting in like 8:30am and go right to track as walkabout starts 8:00 am till noon. i'll be getting a tee time for 1ish ( hopefully) if anyone wants to play brickyard. totally up for 3rd annual soiree. the drive a lap deal is you must have purchased next years tickets. it runs mon evening 4 to 8. one SLOW lap. i dont think i could drive slow enough. i want it to last as long as possible.

24. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Hi everyone,
    I have recently registered and this is my first post, though I have been visiting your site for the past 6 months. Got my tickets in the mail last week
    (ordered them middle of feb) for J section. I too wanted H section but could not find 6 seats together. This will be my first time at Indianapolis and am really looking forward to it.

25. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Here's the view from H. We have had the same two seats since the first year and always try to upgrade to more seats, but can't get 'em.