166 MM arrived today (612 Scaglietti too) | FerrariChat

166 MM arrived today (612 Scaglietti too)

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by zanti70, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zanti70

zanti70 F1 Veteran

Dec 9, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bob
    #1 zanti70, Mar 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I can't wait to get either of those.
    I wonder how the 166 looks beside an Enzo? :)

3. zanti70

zanti70 F1 Veteran

Dec 9, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Red or yellow Enzo??

Bob

4. zanti70

zanti70 F1 Veteran

Dec 9, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bob
  5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    the borranis are wrong

6. cavallinomodels

cavallinomodels Formula Junior

Feb 2, 2004
    USA
  7. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

They did a reasonably nice job on the Jaeger Instruments, so why couldnt they make even a little effort on the laced wheels. Just pitiful - maybe we can source some real handwired billet wheels.

Grigro Alloy looking very good!

8. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    Anyone know if and when they are going to bring the Hotwheels 612 out in Blue/Silver?

j3nzo

9. keof50

keof50 Guest

they look nicei want them both

10. Eric W

Eric W Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The Scaglietti will be available in blue soon, I don't know about silver though...

11. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    That is beautiful, I have been waiting for a different color. I just think that there is something wrong with the red that mattel put on this car. The Red seems a bit too bright, Maybe the red from the mattel 288 GTO would look a lot nicer

12. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Now that to me, looks good. Old with the new. (Yes the 612 is new, but it's a 4 seat, not a 2 :p)

And, though some will not believe me on this...I know the man at Mattel who is in charge of working with Ferrari to make sure Ferrari is happy with the design. He nor Ferrari would allow a product that does not meet either companies criteria for looks or quality. I think the wire wheels look very' good on the 166. Especially since it is a model priced in the $20 range. Now, were it a $200 model, then yes, the wheels need help.

13. zanti70

zanti70 F1 Veteran

Dec 9, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Very nice. Looks way better than the red one i've posted. IMO this car is not suppost to be red. I may change my opinion if I see one in the 'wild'. May be next month in Maranello...

14. Millie Miglia

Millie Miglia Rookie

Mar 1, 2004
    Singapore
    Looks like mattel did a good job on the 166MM but I've seen the 612 in the store. Mattel made a MESS of it! Decided not to get it in the end...

15. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Ask and you will be given. :lol:

Lovely collection zanti. :)

16. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    Thank you for yuor honesty, in saying that you didn't buy it. I feel that the 612 looks like a toy, not a collectors model. I haven't seen or held one for inspection, but by all of the pictures, I am not prompted to go out and buy one. I feel like filling in the gaps in my collection of F cars with the ones, or colors I don't have. Everytime I get ready to buy it, I just can't. Maybe the blue or the silver will attract me, because the red 612 totally looks ugly to me. Everytime I see it, it just bothers the @ell out of me.

17. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    Are all these cars Hotwheels by Mattel ? if so. I live in the wrong country. and you guys are lucky to be able of just go out and get em and at a low price too. PS. the blue/silver 612 looks greta to me , the MM is a must have also. anyone knows the history of that car?

18. zanti70

zanti70 F1 Veteran

Dec 9, 2003
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bob
    These are both Hotwheels/Mattel cars.

The history of the MM is:
    build in 2003 in China by Mattel
    original color red
    ordered 3-12-2004 (Internet sales)
    delivered 3-25-2004 (by mail)
    photoshoot 3-25-2004 (right after delivery)
    the box says Ferrari 166 MM Barchetta
    accompanied by Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (red)

but I guess this is not the history you were looking for? Maybe someone else can help you out.

Bob

19. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    If you know him, could you ask a question for me. Why is it so difficult to find 1/18 Hot Wheels in any of the stores near me? The little Hot Wheels are everywhere but the 1/18, no way. The only time I got lucky and found some was when I saw here on Ferrari Chat to go look in Big Lots and when NNO told me to go look in Pathmark. Pathmark? Yes Pathmark. They had a bunch. Strange store to find 1/18s in. I know I could do some mail ordering or look on Ebay, but it would be fun to go do some model shopping. Thank you.