Lambo vs Ferrari in Australia | FerrariChat

Lambo vs Ferrari in Australia

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by allanlambo, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
  2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What year is the Lambo? Why aren't they using a Murci?

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Its an older GT-R. Paul has been driving the DIablos for years, first an SV-R, than a Gt-R.

4. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    Someone said you got banned for nudes of Nicole Ritchie? We all wanna see that anyway.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I have the pic in my computer. No big deal, but cant post a link.

6. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Just remember that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter which car wins as it's parity racing. They already had to add over 500lbs to the 550 and take off its carbon brakes to slow it down. Similarly, in the past, the Diablo has had air restrictors, max rpm reductions etc etc.. ...they could race a F2004 in this class and it still wouldn't win! The series is all about watching different marques racing with eachother...which car is faster in the real world is of no consequence.

7. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    the Lambo and 550 are being driven by very talented guys here and I think the series will be decided between them, just as long as they end up ahead of RNR (red neck racers) otherwise known locally here as 427 Monaros or Mongrels.

It is a strange situation where 2 of the main cars in this series are really a marketing exercise for GM and as such were built by one of our local V8 Supercar teams. They had an open cheque book and built something that looked like a production car the red-necks like and worship but is in actual fact a full race car with a 427 Le Mans engine but no-one can buy one (mind you I don't think you could get the 550 or Lambo as they stand either but that's another story)

But as Aircon has said, parity is what it's all about so if the 550 disappears into the distance they will just make it carry more ballast until it's as slow as the rest of he field!

A lot of sandbagging goes on in this series

8. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    If you had the money for a 427, I think you would have the class to buy something better than a commodore. I can't wait till we see a Murci geting raced.

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I think the ban should be waved if the nude is famous. :)