Only one windshield wiper working | FerrariChat

Only one windshield wiper working

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by fanatic1, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    Hi guys.......this is in general, just so more people would read it, and I assume its kind of standard for all cars. It's pouring rain here today, and wouldn't you know that My DRIVERS SIDE window wiper is not moving at all. The passenger side wiper goes back and forth like normal. I'm assuming that ones working, so it's not the wiper moter or fuse.........anyone got any ideas at all???? This isn't on a Ferrari........I just figured how different can wipers be!! Thanks for any advice

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    You've either had some of the mechanical linkage between the motor and the Driver's side output shaft come apart or something in the linkage has sheared off. As you noted, there's almost certainly only one driving motor -- did the wipers move synchronously before it broke?

3. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    On the drivers side ( or whichever side is not working) wiper arm at the base there should be a cap that pivots up. Lift up this cap and tighten the nut under it. It is what holds the arm to the shaft and they loosen often and require retightening. If the nut is loose, the motor will work but the wiper arm will not pivot. Check and see if this is it. Good luck.

4. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Fanatic1,

Did you get your windshield wiper working???

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You need to move your steering wheel and dash gauges over to the other side so you can see through the wiper that is still working ... ;)

Pete

6. AnotherDunneDeal

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    That would be way cool. Don't know what kind of car he has but making it RHD would certainly get everyones attention.......If it is a Jeep it could look like a rural route mail delivery vehicle..........