How come [IMG] and HTML codes are turned off in my PC? | FerrariChat

How come [IMG] and HTML codes are turned off in my PC?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by bubba, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Under posting rules for F-chat, and HTML codes are turned off, but vB code and Smilies are turned on. How can I turn those off codes back on? I checked user options, but can't see an option to turn them on.

It's a pain not to be able to reply to specific user's posts. Thanks!

2. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    You can't - only the admins can.

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    You mean like this? Click the reply within that particular post, rather than the one at the bottom of the thread.

4. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    Tillman, I did click reply within the post. The quote would appear briefly, then when the page finishes loading it would disappear. I suppose I could do it manually but would be a pain.

Guess I will just PM Rob and ask if he can turn them on for me.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    If yours is doing this, then you have a weird browser setting. First time I've heard this problem. After you hit reply and it puts the quote text up, try hitting stop. What it's doing is running the script again/refreshing after the quote text is put in your message box. It's not static HTML, so every time the script runs it will refresh your message box. That's why you can't go to another page and come back to have your text still there.

6. bubba

bubba Formula 3

May 8, 2002
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    PPPP
    You are right, Rob. By hitting stop at the right time, the quote stayed in. Wonder which part of the browser setting is causing it to disappear. I looked but can't quite figure it out. Oh well....