Audi Experience Handling Course and more... | FerrariChat

Audi Experience Handling Course and more...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by UroTrash, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
  2. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I believe that accident is staged. Notice how the ground is virtually undisturbed.

3. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Look at the trees more carefully, there is a reason the ground is undisturbed. To be more precise, look at the location of the sheer marks on the 1st tree of impact.
    The car was airborne when impact occured, and the velocity of the two halves were stopped by impacting the 2 other trees, at that point there wasn't enough energy left to achieve skidding of the two halves. They basically dropped to the ground after the 2nd impact.
    I didn't read all the replys to that thread, but it appears either he was going over 100 mph, or he/she caught a great deal of wind at high speed.
    Really a shame though, I hate to see any car in that position, especially in public transportation zones.
    CS

4. RussianM3_dude

RussianM3_dude F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 15, 2004
    Switzerland/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Nikolai Petroff
    It's not the car, it is the driver. Give my Mom a Lingenfelter 'Vette and she would putter around happily at the speed limit. Me I drive every car to the max. Since she's a girl and testosterone is unlikely to ever corrupt her mind, you got nothing to worry about, plus Audis are pretty safe. I mean everybody gotta drive someday, nothing you can do about it.
    BTW. Make her do the BMW driver courses, I have done all three levels (including a race course at Mt-Tremblant) and they are very comprehensive and IMO should be mandatory for all young drivers.

5. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I think its real. The people, ambulance etc look too real. BTW, it was going 90 kph (in Portugal), check the stuck spoodo in one of the pics.

6. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If the car was slidding or in the air the speedo would be inaccurate. But what about the engine, it looks like it just feel out of the air. Someone was saying that other accidents similiar have been staged for educational videos about the dangers of drunk driving. The front part of the car isn't resting against a tree also.