Car wash, do it yourself | FerrariChat

Car wash, do it yourself

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by jeff, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I'm looking for a do-it-yourself car wash in the Scottsdale area. Can you help?

2. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    If you mean a quarter operated deal with the spray nozzle and brush, there is one (at least there used to be) on the NW corner of Scottsdale & Shea. It is tucked back in there a it, not right on the corner.

-John

3. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    Yep, that's what I am looking for. I'll check to see if it's there. I'm in between houses right now and I don't have access to a garden hose. Maybe one of the local Ferrari club members would let me wash my car in their driveway :)

4. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam

What kind of car do you have? I've got a driveway and hose, but no Ferrari.

Adam

5. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    360 spider

6. speedaholic

speedaholic Rookie

Mar 30, 2004

Why not you drive way

oh and if you want to travle out to east mesa i let you wash your car all you want

7. bigbaddad

bigbaddad Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    John Roberts
    Is it vain to quote myself? Anyhow, it isn't there. I drove past today and thought I should check. It is now a MIDAS brake shop. Oh well...

-John

8. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast
    Darn it! I was hoping there was a coin operated car wash in Scottsdale. I have yet to find one.

9. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Go to the zoo, give the keeper some quarters, and let the elephants wash your cars! Mesa is full of these DIY car washes... We use them every weekend to hose all the mud off the Jeep.

10. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I found the ONLY coin operated car wash in Scottsdale. Heading south on Hayden, turn left onto Indian School Road, go the first light and turn left. It's behind a Circle K.

11. JackAz

JackAz Rookie

Apr 8, 2004
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Jack Heald
    There's a coin-op at the NW corner of Greenway & 40th.

12. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I drove by late last nite. I couldn't find it. I saw an Sonic Burger, QT gas station, etc but no car wash. I'm I on the correct corner?

13. azheman

azheman Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    I think its at the NW corner of 40th St. and Thunderbird, not greenway.

14. Why would you take your 360 spider to a coin op car wash to get swirls all over the paint etc. ?

15. azfast1

azfast1 Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    You should make the drive to Fountain Hills where there are 2 self car washes with low use so you can take your time. One is on Saguaro Blvd about 1 mile north of Shea. The other is further down Saguaro, across from the fountain, turn left of Parkview about 1.5 blocks on the left. Thats my favorite one.