"There is only one Ferrari, and this isn't it" | Page 5 | FerrariChat

"There is only one Ferrari, and this isn't it"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by t88power, Nov 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jay

Jay Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Oh please! Looked on the dupont registry or any other listings latley? 360's are a dime a dozen. If they're so good why are so many people dumping them?

Note that I'm not advocating one car or another. Just pointing out the stupidity of your comment.

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The Sv is not slower, it tied the 360's time but went around the longer track. Also, the 97 Sv is down on power 510hp vs 530 and it does not have the brake upgrade of the 98, nor adjustable suspension. Again, why are you comparing a 1990 design auto such as the Diablo, to the late model design 360, when its not fair to compare the Gallardo to the 360 because the design is 5 years old?

3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    The gearbox may be slow for you, not for someone who knows how to drive it.

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

hahahhahahahahah LOL! You WISH!

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Oh sorry, got confused by that awesome styling!

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Uh yeah! The guy is 6ft 6 and cant fit in the car. Id hate it also.

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Why are you telling me your money woes? Please, the big word here is "IF" If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

One question, yes there are plenty of million dollar Ferraris. DO you own any of them? Ok then.

Just because something is expensive doesnt mean its great. Ferrari continues to demonstrate this with their current lineup!

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Lol! Youd take anything you could get!

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Looks like crap to me! Dont get me wrong. I love Porsches. Real Porsches.

Old,fat and gray? LOL

As for 100mph on Maui, actually been right around 180mph so far.

Bitter? Hardly.

10. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Because they are finally getting their 360 Spider or 360 CS, so they are selling their Modena. Why all the 360 Spiders? Because they are speculators trying to make big buck premiums from those unwilling to wait to buy at MSRP.

In about 6 months, it will be very interesting to see if there remains any waiting list at all for Gallardos. (Not saying their won't be... just saying it will be interesting to see.)

Also, it'll be interesting to see if I ever see a Gallardo out on track. I never see a Murcielago on track; or a Diablo; or any Lambo for that matter. But I see lots of 360's on track, lots of 355's on track. Even see 360s at autocrosses. A Lambo at an autocross is a novelty... I've heard it happened once... in CA, I believe. (Not saying this is fault of the car... just saying it'll be interesting to see if track enthusiasts actually buy the Gallardo.)

Only time will tell...

11. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    When is the last time you bought a Ferrari or Lambo? I have purchased two Ferrari's in the last 5 months ( one used and one new which I waited a long time for...). Walk into any Ferrari dealer and try to buy a brand new 360. You will not be able to... You can walk in and buy a new Gallardo off the floor. The comment may be stupid to you, but its also a fact.

12. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    The good news is that we're going to soon see a Factory Lambo Murcie racing a factory Ferrari (Maser/Enzo). That will be worth watching. It would even nicer to see these battle it out at LeMans. That IMHO is a TRACK as opposed to a track...

13. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Just for you Allan.

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

LOL! Again, my uncle did it!Twice. And yes, go buy a Gallardo off the floor for sticker.

15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Wow, that was funny! lol

16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  17. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

You are right its not fair to compare a 3.6 V8 400 hp against a V12 5.7 520 hp Diablo that is a ***** to drive compared to the 360.
    Its also not fair to compare the Audi Gayardo Tdi to the 360 ..

18. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

ohhh man that was the most disgusting thing ever !! Poor dude !

19. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Dont be so modest, you are not that good.

The gearbox in the countach is terrible.
    And i doubt you being that much better.

20. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Allen,

I can back up my statements, how about you??

Call Steve Barney at Sport Auto in North Carolina. He has 3 Gallardo's in stock that he will sell at sticker. Also call Manhattan Motorcars in NYC. They have them at sticker as well.

Which dealer did your uncle buy the 2 Ferrari's brand new off the floor from?

21. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    LOL... 34 posts (28%) by Allan so far on this thread.

Allan, it's just a little video!! Take it easy, youre going to have a heart attack!

Ernesto

22. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Isn't the Ignore Ellen Feature such a nice thing!? Thanks Rob, that has made my viewing of posts a much more pleasant experience.

23. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Scott
    Manhattan also has several New leftover Murcies for sale. From seeing their offerings in the NYT's it seems like they have cars sitting around for a long time. With the floor plan costs it doesn't make much sense. I agree that unless someone has a special relationship with a F dealer it's unlikely you can walk in and get a new 360 spyder at MSRP.
    Allan
    With all the trouble your Uncle had with his coupe why would he want a spyder? Why didn't he buy a Murcie?

24. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I just think it's very indicative that Allen absolutely refuses to say the name of the dealer where these 360s were purchased. Come one Allen, respond to this post. What dealer was it? Say the name. Otherwise nobody will believe you. I'm already convinced that 3/4 of the crap you say is made up. The Countach having a great gearbox was a great comment too. Do you listen to the stuff that you say?

Anyway, here's the call, Allen. Put your cards on the table. Name the dealer.

25. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    And, also, can I point out that this guy Allen, who owns a white, chromed out SV, was complaining about the 275 GTB's styling. This is from someone who in the past has said that classic Ferrari's were great, it's just the modern Ferrari's that have terrible styling. Be consistent, Allen.

And it just shows the kind of car enthusiast you are if you think that the 275 in my profile is a Nissan. No wonder you make such stupid comments when you are so ignorant about cars.