Proposed track in Mineral Wells? | FerrariChat

Proposed track in Mineral Wells?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I saw this on another board. Anyone have any insight? There's really nothing in the press release other than a vague plan and a location

Wyndamere Group, LP has released preliminary plans for a new road racing facility, to be named Wolter's Glen, in Mineral Wells, Texas.

This new track, which is about 1 hour West of Fort Worth, will be constructed to SCCA, F1A, Cart and IRL requirements to allow any type motor racing. The track will have several available layouts to support multiple events and dual usage. Plans are under way to have several facilities for several Race Teams to house and test cars as well as to possibly having a resident Driving School. There will be facilities available on the track site as well as off track for commercial development and support type facilities.

Plans now have a 2.3 mile overall track with a 1.5 mile and a 1.7 mile configuration. Large paved paddock areas and enclosed garages are planned as well! Construction is scheduled to start in early 2005. Watch for updates on our new Website. In the mean time contact the Mineral Wells City Manager, Lance, at 940.328.7703, for further information and to express your interest.

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    That would be great! DFW needs another area track.

However, after seeing 10 track plans come and go over the past 5 years and even some of them breaking ground, only one(MSR) has actually gone through with it and opened.

I hope this track makes it, but most don't.

3. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    That press release made Phil Osborne's column in the June issue of Sportscar... with the attached picture.

Can anyone explain the track layout? It has a few odd elements... like a bridge that allows a 360' sequence... but without another bridge, it doesn't seem workable as part of an ongoing lap.

Oh, and who the heck is "Wolter"??

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It would be great to have another racing complex, however I agree with Rob, this is starting to remind me of the Boundless Motorsport complex that was to be built in Ennis, TX. I’ll believe it when I see it. As for the track design, that really looks e a bad place to place an overpass.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    ...and Frisco and...

6. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    ... and Gunter....

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Can't blame the Frisco people for that decision, though. The land went from cheap to OhMyGod in about a year and a half.

9. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    can anyone list all the non-drag racing/oval courses in texas??

are there any open in south texas at all?

what about any old runways converted to tracks??

i know only of 4, the one in college station, nascar track in dallas, the county club one in dallas, and the old one in austin that is now a trailer park...

10. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Ahem (shameless plug) as referenced in the premiere issue of Texas Driver Magazine.... http://www.chasinracin.com/track-locator/states/tx.shtml

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    In a lifetime long ago an idiot got a bright idea for a website just about North American Road Tracks, both active and inactive. The idiots goal was to document the history of these tracks before many that remember that history kick the bucket. With road tracks starting to appear around 1950, many of those people won't be around much longer. There are some great stories.

Anyway, about that same time the idiot started another website that started to consume all his waking and sleeping hours.

The now inactive site of that idiot has about a 90% complete list of active and "ghost" Road Tracks from Texas. The site can be found at www.roadtracks.com.