Skylines | FerrariChat

Skylines

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by SupercarGuru, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Hey Everyone!

I posted on this site that i had some skylines for sale.
    I sold two of them. The process has been a real hassle. I need the money out of these cars for a real estate investment. I am willing to take offers for all 6 cars. 1997 R33 GTRs. I can send you pictures and information if you are interested.

Thanks! -John

2. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    are they street legal? do they carry titles? when i asked if they were titled i stopped getting responses. are they stolen cars shipped to america? because i know its not easy getting them here, especially with various stages of mods, in such quantity, for that cheap

3. MoparMuscle

MoparMuscle Karting

Mar 13, 2004
    North Carolina
    wow, you have 6??! Where are you located?

4. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    How'd you bring them in? Through MotorEx?

5. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    I am intrested in getting one! But just dont want to pay what your asking and then have to pay more to get it legal in the U.S.

6. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i feel they are stolen :(

7. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    really, who just has 8 skylines????????????? but if they are legit im down.

8. VT DMC

VT DMC Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Ashburn, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Wilmoth Mack
    I would be interested if we could get a little more information about the cars. Year, milage, condition, VIN.

9. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    when i spoke to the guy he said he had a mix of cars with various mods both r33 and r34's and was selling them for mid 30's. Just seems very fishy to me that a guy cant get rid of cars that if legal in the US fetch price tags well over $60,000

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Maybe there all civics with bodykits!

11. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Hey Everyone,

Ok well first of all, Rob, i do not respect the fact you think they are stolen, lol the cars were imported by a DEALER friend of mine. I bought the cars with my partner. I had 8 R33 GTRs but i sold 2. Selling these cars has been a hassle, now i need to get rid of them. I have a real estate project and i need a down payment. The cars as of right now ARE ILLEGAL...I sold the first two for 35 and 32,000. If someone wants a car right now...a particular car i will sell that car for 26,000 or best offer. They are located in Florida, and i live in Florida. The buyer will need to send me a deposit...however the buyer would like... escrow...anything... i will then send the buyer copy of my business license, copy of my bank account, proof of address, and copy of my license...(so you can be assured they are not illegal) The cars are at the port right now and are locked down. I have a customs broker and everything and i can give you all the information i have obtained about the cars and legalizing them. I intended to legalize the cars and then sell them for profit. But i have prioritys as well as my partner. Once a deposit is made WHICH IS REFUNDABLE...a small deposit by the way... i will then get access to the port and my parcel and take as many pictures as you would like, video etc of the car you are interested in. I will even go as far as take pictures of the car with your deposit check and name on the car. Trust me, i am a legit man, i do not want hassles etc. I have a lawyer who will make up contracts and all the paperwork will go thru him. I will take care of that, but to do so i will use the deposit money for the lawyer fees and customs fees. So whatever those fees are so i dont get screwed thats the deposit...fair enough?? Sorry for the long response but i have never been accused of stealing and thus has brought me to frustration of telling you the works! LOL

-thank you very much!

John PB, Florida

12. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    The Buyer will be responsible for making the cars legal somehow and i cannot be responsible for that...

The have Japanese titles and VINs so i can give you vin numbers but you cant like check them on CarFax ahahahah ....

While i am at it i will disclose the works, LOL if anyone is familiar with customs law etc, then you would also know that you will need to get US spec tires for the cars, that is not included! Upon leaving the port the tires will be dismounted as of Federal Law, before shipping i could arrange prior to have everything accomodated. I have a distributer license for some tire companys NO BIGGIE you can order them with my license i can pick them up have them installed. BAMN lol

I posted pics before i can post them again, if you want ill post pics of me with the cars lol

13. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    You sure laugh a lot! For someone that is supposed to be taken seriously, your not coming across that way with all this lol laughing stuff! I wouldnt find all that hassle funny.

14. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Im too lazy to go look it up. But the R33s(only ones you have too?) you have whats the specs on them?

What mods are on them?
    bla bla

just tell me everything.

15. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    Have you tried advertising your cars on a Nissan site like TwinTurbo.net. They are seriously in awe of Skylines and you might get some bites there.

Good luck

16. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    I understand you might be having a hard time selling and getting rid of these, but that is mainly to the fact that Florida has a small loophole for importing certain cars which would be illegal to register.
    Trying to sell outside of Florida will definately be some extra effort. Any car that is not on the Department of Transportation's allowance list, needs to be handled through customs, and with a registered importer to make the car legal for road use. At the present time there are 2 RI's which do the "conversion" that applies to DOT's and state regulations for passenger cars. It isn't exactly cheap either, ranging from 20,000 to 50,000 US dollars to undergo this.
    Judging by the information from this thread, I would gather that these car's have already been imported into the US without proper customs clearance, insurance, and government notification. There is a certain time limit each imported vehicle has to be registered or acknowledged when introduced into the United States, even for a "pure track" car, I beleive parts cars are the only exception. So if you were considering registering one "by the books" I would assume there is some late fee's and extra paperwork to be done to acheive legalization.
    Tires are hardly of concern in this matter, since most of the japanese tires are legal for street use in this country, atleast the nitto's and yokohama's I have seen are DOT stamped. If they do have a local brand of tire, or one that isn't DOT approved, then it's an easy change of the tires anyway, hardly enough to get the car legalized for road use.
    My guess in this whole matter, was that you imported the cars, expecting to be able to legalize them cheap, and sell them for a profit, but when you found out the fee's and crash test papers and modifications needed to do this, you decided it would cost more then you planned and in return, you now need to just get rid of the cars? That about right? If that's correct I would consider contacting one of the two RI's who deal with skylines, and perhaps they would take them off your hands for you. It would probably be the most legal way for you to unload them.
    Anyone interested in seeing what needs to be done, or how to go about registering a car that was not legalized for use in the US, the Department of Transportation's website has more then enough information on this topic, as well as some RI's and contact information, you can use to get information on costs, and they will answer any technical questions you can find. Found here;
    http://www.dot.gov/
    Have a good day,
    CS

17. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    okay i wont laugh ever again

18. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    I remember telling some people about a 700 hp car. It had the Greddy T88 SINGLE turbo. That car was sold.

The rest of the cars all have after market exhausts.
    The deep metallic blue has a body kit and Volk wheels.
    The White GTR Vspec has full body kit and BBS style wheels.
    The silver one is a VIRGIN, STOCK CAR. PERFECT.
    The deep red has chrome mirrors, body kit, fog lamps, exhuast.
    The last two white GTRS are stock.

19. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I'd like to see some pics if you wouldn't mind? Thanks.

20. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Hey Thanks for your response. I have already priced everything out and there is still a very large profit margin. I just cannot make this work right now. It is personal issues more than anything. I need to get a house etc. and i am not a dealer or intend to deal with Japanese cars. These cars are not my specialty and i dont have the time. I own and operate a marketing company along with my internet business. I wanted to get the skylines for fun with my business partner and i wanted to use them for promotion. Even at the legalization price thru motorex of 15,000-17,000 i would still have profit. Motorex sells R33s for 60,000 legalized.....Where would i loose? ...I appreciate your arguement but research the market.

21. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    Ill post some ASAP.

22. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian
    ASAP
    These were taken at the port when they first came in.

http://www.alloutexotics.com/skyline1.jpg

http://www.alloutexotics.com/skyline2.jpg

http://www.alloutexotics.com/skyline3.jpg

http://www.alloutexotics.com/IMG_0113.jpg

The white car with 700hp was sold, thats why i have detailed pics uploaded already will get more of the others. i have interior pics etc.

http://www.alloutexotics.com/skyline4.jpg

http://www.alloutexotics.com/IMG_0101.jpg

this is the one i dont wanna sell.. :(
    but i am forced too.

http://www.alloutexotics.com/IMG_0119.jpg

23. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Thanks, I'm looking now.