Dawn of the Dead | FerrariChat

Dawn of the Dead

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by aawil, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Saw it last night.I never saw the original but it seemed to work effectively.Anyone else see it?

2. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Did you ever see the original Night of the Living Dead? Brilliant. Particularly the opening scenes. The Dawn was a little "tongue in cheek" as far i remember it; haven't seen it in years. It was certainly not a "major" picture at the time, and did not have the cult following that the original "Night" enjoyed. I have little interest in seeing the remake, however.

3. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I'm not sure anything could top that movie.The original NOTLD freeks me out.I saw the orignal with that added scenes a while back.They certainly did a effective job on that one.

4. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I wonder why they re-made Part 2, instead of part 1. I didn't know of this re-make till its release on theaters. It is the number 1 hit of the week, passing Passion of Christ. Still surprised there were all those followers on this movie after what, 25 years?? I probably check this movie when it's on DVD.

5. mits3kgtVR4F355

Mar 22, 2004
    Seymour, IN
    Full Name:
    Matthew Terry
    I seen the movie. It was HILARIOUS! Way funnier than I anticipated, but I would recomend seeing it. If anyone is in the Soutern IN (Jackson County, Bartholmew sp?) We have a HUGE group going to see it.
    Matt

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Coincidence? I think not. Think about it.

7. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Best horror movie that I've seen. Be sure to stay through the credits because the story keeps going on.

8. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    NOTLD is a classic shot in black and white on a low budget. Ebert & Roeper gave DOTD two thumbs up, so it's probably a winner also. I just hope they don't screw up the remake of Walking Tall, since I remember watching the original and thought it was great...

9. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The original walking tall was pretty good.It would be nice if they would rerelease that one.The story has changed and it's just based on the same basic story line now.

10. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Saw the first ads for Walking Tall tonight at Starsky and Hutch (great movie) - life-size cardboard of The Rock carrying what we used to refer to in the 70s as a 'Buford stick'.

11. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Saw it opening night! Great flick, and very entertaining. Have seen the previous three too (four total). No one mentioned the rather lackluster sequel to the original Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead. :)

Anyway, good reminder to alway have your AR-15 handy, and carry a "double basic load" of ammo, and a side arm to boot. Just aim for the head! :)