Is there anyway to bypass not being able to watch DVDs in your car. | FerrariChat

Is there anyway to bypass not being able to watch DVDs in your car.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 96impalaSS, Mar 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    When the car goes into Reverse the DVD player turns off. In the manual it says its illegal but I was wondering if anyone knew how to disable that. I mean whats the point of having a DVD player in yur car if you cant watch it while your driving. Now all you can play with is the Nav and stuff.

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    It's bypassed very easily but I'm not going to tell you how it's done. You need to concentrate on driving..not watching movies, or playing with your NAV stuff.

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im refering to being a passenger though. It's not my car it's my parents.

4. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    I just put a switch in, the video wont play if the E-brake is off. I just wired in a bypass

5. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I can watch with the E-brake off but as soon as someone shifts into reverse it goes off.

6. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Let me guess it is one the CTS. My dad's XLR is the same way. As long as the car is in PARK it will play. But once shifter out the DVD stops. Also I hate how you can't enter the destination for the nav while the car is in drive that sucks.
    Erik

7. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Why the heck are you watching while going backwards? My dvd player only works while in 5th gear and above 5800 rpm.

8. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I bought a 6" TV that plugged into the cig lighter. I thought it would be fun to listen to TV shows while I drove and glance at the screen once in a while...Ya, right! After about five miles on the road and coming close to rear-ending another car, I did a U-Turn and took the unit back. Flat-out unsafe.

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    That's retarted. Laws should not touch legal actavities that harm no one.

Peroid.

What if you want to rig up and watch a rear-view camera in reverse?

What if your passanger wants to watch a movie while on the road?

How about instead of banning cell phones and videos, we ban IDOITS who can't focus and shouldn't have a car in the first place?!?

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Of all the places that people have come up with for watching TV's the front row seats of a car is not one of them. I must see at least a dozen different people watching TV while driving to work every morning.

It is stupid and it should be made illegal to watch any form of video screen, computer etc. visiable from the drivers position. the driver should have one focus and only one focus driving the vehicle and watching what is going on outside of the vehicle at all times, Not what is on TV.

11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    You are supposed to be watching the ROAD. Have you not noticed that distracted drivers bump into things with surprising rapidity? What is really more important to you: a) getting to your destination alive and well, b) watching reruns of Gilligan's Island while driving?

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Now I know why there is a higher percentage of accidents in your neck of the woods! Guys going around there in reverse, watching Gilligan's Island!

DL

13. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Who switched Ben's "O" and "I" keys?