Should other Italian be changed to a more general "other marques" | FerrariChat

Should other Italian be changed to a more general "other marques"

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by zjpj, Mar 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should "other Italian" be made more general?

1. Yes. I would like a section to discuss ALL marques other than Ferrari

2. No, I like keeping non-Italian car discussions in Off Topic

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I think that the "other Italian" section should be changed.

I have found that "Off Topic" contains basically two types of threads. 1. Stuff about other cars, like BMW, Mercedes, XJ220, etc. i.e. cars made in countries other than Italy. 2. all others, such as politics, pop culture, etc.

Meanwhile, "other Italian" has relatively little activity. I think that there are many people, myself included, who would appreciate being able to go into a section and discuss the XJ220, for example, without having to wade through all of the Off Topic threads.

Does anyone else agree? Rob?

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Why not leave "Other Italian" as it is and create a "Other Marques" category and please everyone?

3. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    This is not a bad idea either.

4. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    No doubt! Leave it like it is please!

I'm really not intrested in BMW's, Jaguar's, Subaru's, Mercedes', and so on...
    Ok, they're maybe nice cars but they don't attract me that much.
    I'm here 'cause I want to talk about and see pics and info on Ferrari in the first place, this is FerrariChat remember? The other Italian cars are a good second, I love most of them too. Why? I don't know, that's just the way it is... most Italian cars have just that little something more...IMO

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't bother me that much at the moment. I just ignore the threads that don't intrest me that much. But... I really don't want to see even more Subaru, BMW,... topics here. Sorry, that's not why I'm here and I guess most people here aren't.

No offense, but if you 'ld like to talk about all cars, there probably are better sites for you...

Greets, Alexander

5. Bertus

Bertus Formula 3

Mar 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Bert S
    comparaisons between Fcars and others , fine by me

Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Lancia, Lamborghini, Fiat they are in a way family (well except Lambo) and they are Italian.
    Personally i would like to see more Alfa topics.:)

I think it's because of the fact that many members here do own several cars
    and they would to discuss them also, fine by me
    but please leave them in Off topic

6. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    "Other exotics" so you can discuss Lambo, Zonda, etc without BMW, MB, etc.
    I agree that other italian is a bit limited, exotic is the best bet for me.

7. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I totally agree. There is little activity there anyway. I'm looking at buying a Lotus TT and there is almost nowhere to chat about it.

8. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    creat an "other marques" thread to keep out all the non italian machinery. this site is devoted to ferrari and italian machinery as a whole, the least we can do is respect that in honour of enzo who began behind the wheel of an ALFA ROMEO

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Keeping "other Italian" and adding "other exotics" sounds like a good idea to me.

10. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Other Italian gets so little activity and most people use it to talk about other exotics anyway so might as well change Italian to Exotics.

11. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    Recently I became moderator for this section as well. I believe it should remain as it is, primarily devoted to other italian marques. There are plenty sites devoted to non-italian marques. I agree it lacks input, but I have plans to change that. Modern other Italian cars are mainly discussed on this section, so vintage should be added more. Therefore I will start introducing marques alike vintage Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Cisitalia, Osca, Maserati etc. This section could be expanded further with non italian marques with italian design.
    Let me know what you think.

12. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    I agree.

13. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    Maybe we could have a "Competitors" section, cars comparable to ferrari, lambo, pagani, K'segg.... Is lamborghini Italian, aren't they owned by Audi, who is German? Where would somebody post a picture of a Porsche and Maser together? Other Italian or off topic?
    I assume we all like porsches, lambos etc, why not be able to post them all together, where's the harm in that?

14. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Good idea.
    You could break it down even more From Euro, to Americn, to Asian(<---I'll avoid this section.).

15. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    hahahaha, oh man, laughing out loud

16. BJS

BJS Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    Central FL and SW MI
    Full Name:
    Brad Stephenson
    Yup, that gets my vote.

17. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Lets keep non-Italian cr*p off this site ;) :D

Even the slowest most humble FIAT has that Italian culture welded into it ... that is what Italian car enthusiasts crave, and you would not be interested in Ferraris if you did not understand.

Pete

18. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Thank you.

19. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Very good reply.

For example, personally I like a Alfa Romeo Giuletta or Fiat 500 more then much faster and more modern cars like a McLaren F1, BMW, Impreza,... Those are certainly not bad cars, but they miss that little something... the Italian touch. Just my opinion of course...

"Other exotics" would exclude a lot of intresting Italian cars 'cause you can't really consider a Fiat 500 an exotic :)

Greets, Alexander