Possible way to make carbon parts for Fcars | FerrariChat

Possible way to make carbon parts for Fcars

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by allanlambo, Mar 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
  2. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If anyone's interested, I'm going to have a chat with a contact of mine who makes very high quality cf parts to see what he can do.

At present, I'm looking at a couple of possible areas:

1) Sill plates
    2) Centre console panels. I'll only look at these if I can find a way of sorting out the backlighting (I have some ideas), and will also be looking at the switches/ashtray cover, either in cf or aluminium.

At present these are just ideas, but if there's interest I'll make sure I get it sorted rather than leave it as a pipedream :)

Could also consider getting other bits done, but I see the above as the initial weaknesses on the car, and I'm sure the sills can be done more cheaply than it costs to sort out the metal ones when they go!

3. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I would be interested in this too... Been doing a lot of thinking around this...

My 355 AC button area - has the first signs of bubbleing (surprise :). I was thinking along the lines of the Aluminium look rather than CF (as you mentioned). So I would be interested!

On a side note - I am working with a company to produce me (and others interested) - in the under body protective panels for 355's. the plastic/fiberglass ones suck... So I am fabricating Aluminum that has a rubber gromet for connecting (for better flex). I was going to offer it in powder coated Black, Aluminum (normal), and maybe even other colors to match the car - red, yellow, etc. I think I can produce/sell these these for about 500 for a pair (talking about the back underpannels - theses are the ones that most have problems with). Could also look at all the panels, etc.

Any thoughts on this?

Rich

4. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Lamarossa can do the same thing with carbon fiber contact paper for $25 per entire interior!

5. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    LOL. Poor Lamarossa. He's going to cry himself to sleep in his Ferrari Underoo's.