CANCELLED: March 20 Wilmington, DE Meet | FerrariChat

CANCELLED: March 20 Wilmington, DE Meet

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Alxlee, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Hello Everyone,
    As much as I hate to do this, Kevin and I discussed the impending storms and thought it best to postpone this event. With an expected 3-6" tonight and tomorrow we are afraid that snow and salt will still be on the ground on Saturday. I'm local so it wouldn't have mattered; however, I thought it would be unfair to those that had to travel for an hour or more to reach our meeting point. It would have been nice to see some of these faces; however, I think it's in our best interest to push this til April or May.

If you're nearby and would still care to do lunch on Saturday, drop me a PM or e-mail me at [email protected].

Regards,
    Alex

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Good call,

What's the rain date??

3. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    We haven't decided yet. I'd like to shoot for April, but want to keep an eye on where the weather goes. I think it's supposed to get back into the 60s next week, but you just never know anymore!

4. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Yeah, I'm hearing 6-9 inches near me. :(

It's probably for the better that it gets pushed to another date, anyway, since there seemed to be a lot of people that had things come up.

Looking forward to the reschedule!

5. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Sad, but understandable. Let us know on the reschedule. I'm sure we can get a couple of us New York boys to caravan down.

On the other hand, the weather in the New England area looks like it will hold out. We're planning a potential run this Sunday, and it will take us fairly far west (relatively speaking of course). If you guys are interested, and the weather holds out, you are more than welcome to join.

Here is the link to the thread.

6. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Hey Alex,
    Thanks for the post. If I had enough time I was going to try and make it after the car was done at the shop.
    Keep me posted as to the new date.
    Thanks,
    Will

7. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Nuts! I was really looking forward to this. I would, however like to chat with fellows on the phone now and then but, am reluctant to publish my number.
    If anyone would like to network, I am in the York, PA book. Call me if you like.

8. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Ya'll realize that now that we cancelled, we're going to somehow end up hitting 80 degrees and nothing but sun!

9. F1Zappa

F1Zappa Rookie

Mar 25, 2004
    Elkton, MD USA
    Full Name:
    Craig Lightcap
    Alex,
    This is my first reply so if I screw it up, I'm sorry. Very interested in seeing any Ferrari anywhere anytime so please let me know when and where. I've been a Ferrari lover since I had a ride in a 250SWB in the 60's. It belonged to my little league coach. History of racing is my passion. Unfortunatly, aside from magazines and Speed Channel I see maybe 1 Ferrari a year on the road.
    My 10 year old son, a Dino fan, has never seen one. So any help about local events featuring Ferraris would be great. Hope to be a regular reader/poster on this site when I get more famaliar with the forum. By the way, do you you know the meaning of "Lusso"? Never seen a definition, though love the cars.
    Thanks for putting up with a newbe.
    Craig

10. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I owned a Lusso for thirty years. It means "Luxury." A bit spartan by today's standards. They never had a radio and had power nothing. Great car, and I had a lot of fun. I sold it two years ago.

11. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Hey all.

Yep, we cancelled the first try. But, let's pick a couple of dates and see who can make them work.

Sometime after tax day, perhaps?

Does Saturday or Sunday work better?

April 17, 18 April 24,25?

Any takers?

12. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Sat/Sun doesn't really matter to me.

Just a thought... the NY ROE is the 24th, so we might lose people that weekend who decide to go up to Long Island.

13. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Good Point. Duh!! Since I'm putting together their t-shirts, I should have known that.

Ok, let's keep working on it.

Dave

14. F1Zappa

F1Zappa Rookie

Mar 25, 2004
    Elkton, MD USA
    Full Name:
    Craig Lightcap
    Thanks for the reply. May have been a bit spartan as you say but still a beautiful car. I value my little Volvo 122 for that very quality, plus the later model fuel injected engine and race suspension. Not a Ferrari but still alot of fun to drive. To my kids sliding through corners and squealing the tires is still pretty hot stuff. Now if I could just find out the origins of "shooting brake" I'd be happy. Leave it to the English to foul up a perfectly good language.
    Thanks again
    Craig

15. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    Hi Craig,
    Welcome aboard! Just check back every once in a while. We'll get it going properly eventually!

16. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    I'd be out of those two dates. The Lotus will be on display at NY Auto Show on the 18th, and 24th is a Z car show.

17. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Alex.

Can't do it without you, So

Pick acouple of dates you have open.

DAve

18. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Guys,
    Let me know the dates as well.
    I'd love to be a part of it. Assuming I'm here in April.
    Jim

19. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Jim did you have your car out yesturday. While I was at work I saw a red 308gts on Lancaster Ave in Ardmore. Was that you? Right at Lancaster and church rd.
    Erik

20. zebra308

zebra308 Formula 3

Jan 14, 2004
    All Flimmits
    Full Name:
    Ruffis Leekin
    Hello Craig and welcome,
    There's a post about an autocross at Ripken stadium's parking lot on May 15th featuring Ferrari and porsche. I don't think your too far from it in Elkton. Might be a good opportunity to see some cars.
    See Ya!
    Will

21. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher

There's a post about an autocross .....Might be a good opportunity to see some cars - being just flat abused, I know mine will be anyway :)

22. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Erik,
    Yes that was me. I live right around that area. I'll probably take it out for a drive today, as long as it doesn't rain.

23. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    How about April 25th? I like that day the best. ROE is on 24th and there is another event somewhere (cant remember which one) on the 17th and 18 is a brunch I believe.

24. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There is a huge Porsche swap meet in Hershey, Pa on the 24th of April, were you thinking of that?

25. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Nope not that one but oh well. The 17th or 25th are good for me. Let me know. We need to get out!