(DFW) Italian Invasion of British Car Day April 18th | FerrariChat

(DFW) Italian Invasion of British Car Day April 18th

Discussion in 'Texas' started by icars, Mar 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    We will again be leading the invasion of British Car Day at White Rock Lake.

Last year we had more than 20 cars. This year we are expecting several very unique cars.

We will be doing a group pot luck picnic. Yes I am making cookies, and several other goodies ;)

When:
    Sunday, April 18, 2004
    Sunday, May 2 is the rain date (although this event has never been
    postponed or cancelled by rain).

Where:
    White Rock Lake Park in Dallas, Texas. Entrance to the grassy field is
    west of E. Lawther Drive and will be marked with orange traffic cones.
    The park is easily accessed from the north on Lake Highlands Drive at
    Buckner Boulevard.

Time Schedule:
    Registration begins at 10 am and ends at 2 pm.
    Voting counting begins at 3 pm.
    Award presentation at 3:30 pm (must be present to win)

Rodney
    http://www.maffiacarclub.com

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Unfortunately, many Ferraris will be at Fiesta Ferrari in San Antonio that weekend. However, it is HIGHLY unlikely that I will be there... so, maybe I'll make it out to this... assuming my car shows up by then (not too likely).

3. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'll be there Rodney!

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Brian, if you want to take a spin the Maranello, feel free to come on down to SA.

DrTax

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E

Dale, I'll be in SA, can I get a spin too? :D

6. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    You betcha!

7. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    LOL!!! You guys should all pull up to the show honking your horns abd revving your motors! :D

8. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Well, its the same weekend as the Texas State Taekwondo Championships in Addison... so, it'll be tough to make it to San Antonio that weekend. I'll take a "rain check", though!!

9. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    sorry rodney i can make it to this one.i am going to SA.

10. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Just a reminder that the Italian invasion is one week from this Sunday at white rock lake. It's an absolutely beatiful area, where you can see 300+ cars. Everything from Jags to strange three wheeled German cars.

Remember we will be doing a picnic. Lots of my famous choclate chips cookies ;)

For more information:

http://www.maffiacarclub.com or
    the all british web site @
    http://www.kipmotor.com/abcd/abcd.htm

11. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    It's looking like I probably won't be there. I did an oil sample analysis, and it turns out I have 2.5% anitfreeze in the oil--not good. So I'm going to pull the heads and replace the gasket. Don't think I'll get it done before the White Rock show, but I'm sure going to try.

12. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Reminder:

This coming Sunday April 18th is the Italian Invasion of All British Car Day. We will be doing a potluck Picnic. Even if you don't have a car come on out!

It's always a great time with over 300 cars.

See you there!

Rodney

13. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Just started the cookie baking. Making about 5 dozen for the show. There should be no shortage of Uncle Rodney's Cookies for Sunday.

See u there!

14. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    Looks like everything is a go for tomorrow. If u are in town come on out! We will start the picnic around noonish. Looks like great weather!

If u get lost u can call me on the cell @ 214-293-7558

15. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I'll be there, minus the Pantera (I did get the heads pulled successfully, they are at the machine shop now). Greg Scott said he'd be there too, with his Lotus Esprit (it's for sale--gonna get Greg into a Pantera!).

16. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Forgot the camera, but it was a good time.

I had never been to White Rock Lake before, got a bit lost but followed a pair of Rolls Royces to the show. When I pulled in to the MAFFIA area there was Marci's 365 and Dallas's 89 Maserati Biturbo Spyder, a FIAT 124 coupe set up for racing, an Alfa spyder, and a couple of others that I can't recall at the moment.

Later arrivals included Rodney's Indy, a yellow 348, silver Pantera, red Pantera, Scott's 330 GT 2+2, a black Countach, a silver Gallardo, and much more. While most of the field was covered with odd little underpowered British cars, there was a nice collection of Alfas and an all-original 289 Cobra.

Some cars in the spectator area were a nice track-T, a 32 HiBoy coupe, Buick GS Stage 1 convertible, 1960 Cadillac, and a 1973 Honda Coupe (bizarre little thing about the size of a Smart Car)

I had a good time. I had to leave a bit early due to unforseen circumstances, but I'll be back next year.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. I ran in to Matt, and John, and Greg Scott. Greg had the Esprit, which I had never seen before. Saw Jerry Hawley out there too.

17. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Just now getting around to dumping my pics over to the computer. I wasn't there very long, and didn't take as many pictures as I usually do. Here is just a few:

1st pic: A Bitter. Greg Scott and I were walking up and down the roadside looking at the cars spectators had arrived in themselves, when we spotted this unusualness. It wasn't until I got up on it that I reazlied what it was. A very unique car, and I'd never seen one before. I liked it.

2nd pic: Really nice Countach here. The owner was very accomodating to the kids, letting them climb in and out, play with doors, chinese fire drilling, everything. I was surprised, but refreshing to see such candor. Kids love the Lambos. Also pictured is Tom DeFernando's silver Pantera.

3rd pic: Mark Pinson's red Pantera. I've never seen another front bumper on a Pantera like that before.

4th pic: Greg Scott's Lotus Esprit. It's for sale--$18,500. Nice car.

18. BLKCountach

BLKCountach Rookie

Jan 23, 2004
    <<2nd pic: Really nice Countach here. The owner was very accomodating to the kids, letting them climb in and out, play with doors, chinese fire drilling, everything. I was surprised, but refreshing to see such candor. Kids love the Lambos. Also pictured is Tom DeFernando's silver Pantera.>>

Thanks for the compliment! It was my first time to that show. Amazingly, no damage to the interior despite about a hundred "in and outs" throughout the afternoon. I figure most people don't get a chance to sit in a Lamorghini and they really appreciate it when you're cool about it. As long as they don't have any screwdrivers sticking out of their pockets, what's the harm?

JohnE
    '89 Countach

19. GhostRider

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    My sentiments exactly John. Good to see you're on the board. You'll have to come out to the next Exotic Car Nights. I think that's next month, right Rob?